Cricket analysis involves exploring every data point of the sport, including team stats, individual performances, past records, H2H stats, and much more. In this article, we list the 10 best cricket analysis websites, as well as useful factors to consider before proceeding with cricket analysis. We've also compiled the best India cricket betting sites where you can use your cricket betting analysis.
Top 10 Cricket Analysis Websites
Cricbuzz is definitely one of the best cricket analysis websites you'll ever come across. Regardless of whether you are a cricket betting enthusiast or a rookie trying to find your footing, you can always turn to the Times Internet-owned cricket analysis portal for your daily dose of the wonderful game.
- As you can see from the screenshot above, the home page design has been deliberately kept basic so that it’s easy to explore.
- You have clearly defined tabs for all the live scores, match schedules, archives, the latest cricketing news, information on series and teams, videos, points table, rankings, and a lot more.
- The day’s featured matches also appear as a small snippet, so that you can easily skip the ambient information and jump directly to the event you're you looking for.
- Navigate to the left, and you'll be able to see the panel called ‘Latest News’, which gives you all the latest updates from the world of cricket.
- There’s a cricket analysis app for both iOS and Android users.
We think Cricbuzz should be your go-to one-stop shop for cricket betting analysis. It has all the information you could ever want on the top cricket tournaments, and it is widely recognised as the best website for cricket stats.
Launched in 1993 and designed exclusively for cricket, ESPNcricinfo is probably one of the best cricket analysis websites out there. The portal features news stories, the latest articles, live ball-by-ball coverage of matches, and StatsGuru, which is a comprehensive database of some of the most historical matches and players from the past.
- At the top of the home page, you can see clearly slotted categories of all ongoing and upcoming series, including the Indian Premier League. Scroll down a little, and you'll see tabs for live scores, series, teams, news, videos, statistics, and features.
- Head to the left-hand side, and you'll find a separate section titled Key Series, which comprises the most relevant cricketing tournaments taking place at a particular point in time. Currently, the ICC World Cup Super League is underway, an event that serves as the qualifiers for the 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup.
You might want to check out our article on World Cup Super League betting.
- Scroll down a little, and you'll see a section from where you can download the ESPNcricinfo cricket analysis app for your iOS and Android devices. We also consider it to be the best cricket analysis app out there currently.
- On the right side of the home page are all the cricket news headlines – stories and developments that matter, and which are crucial for cricket betting analysis.
If you are looking for top cricket analysis, you can't go wrong with ESPNcricinfo. It offers everything you could possibly wish for as a cricket buff – updated information, the latest news, stats, rankings, H2H records, as well as one of the best cricket analysis apps.
3. Cricket World
Placing third in our top cricket analysis websites, Cricket World has carved itself a loyal fanbase, despite the two behemoths in this space we’ve spoken about so far. However, there’s another reason for us to include this website among the top three; you can live stream select international matches here, thanks to Cricket World’s partnership with bet365, which is one of the best live cricket streaming sites out there.
The only condition is that you need to have a funded account with bet365 in order to be able to use their live streaming function.
- On the left, you'll find information such as player records, team records, approaching milestones (in Tests, ODIs, and T20s), rankings, H2H series result. There are also more intricate stats with regards to multiple aspects of the game, like batting, bowling, fielding, wicket-keeping, captaincy, dismissals, and the like.
Cricket World makes some of the best cricket predictions in the world, which allows for genuine and impactful cricket analysis.
A personal favourite, we couldn't not include HowSTAT! on our list. We reckon this cricket analysis portal does justice to its meta title, ‘The Cricket Statisticians’. Despite being one of the later entrants into this space, HowSTAT! has wasted little time in consolidating its reputation as one of the best cricket analysis websites.
- As seen in the above image, information such as player records, team records, approaching milestones (in Tests, ODIs, and T20s), rankings, H2H series results, and more can be found on the left-hand side of the home page.
HowSTAT! is an overall pretty no-frills portal. While some could think of it as a bare-boned version of some of the more prominent cricket analysis websites, we believe its minimalistic approach lends it originality. Not to mention, it’s still one of the best websites for cricket stats.
One of the newer cricket analysis websites, Cricwaves does a decent job of providing all the information you need. However, it can undoubtedly do a lot better with regards to its overall layout.
- On the left, you can find the latest cricket news.
- The ‘Scores & Calendar' section is located in the middle of the home page, where you get all live and past scores coupled with the schedule of upcoming cricket matches.
- On the right, the website displays detailed information of a particular series (of the portal’s choosing), including the points table, real-time scores, and comprehensive team/player stats.
- On the right of the secondary navigation bar, you'll see the ‘World Records’ section, which is the real deal in cricket analysis. All records and information are neatly slotted under three categories – Test, ODI, and T20.
Despite offering a wealth of information revolving around cricket betting analysis, Cricwaves has quite a few creases to iron out. To start with, the site has an almost unbelievably cluttered look to it. Secondly, when you click on ‘Get the Cricket App’ on the secondary navigation bar, you're directed to a page with no download option. At least, this was our experience at the time of writing this review.
Despite dedicating the majority of website space to domestic and international Australian cricket, Cricket.com.au still packs a trove of information essential for cricket analysis.
- At the top of the screen, you can see scores-in-snippets of important tournaments like the IPL and all ongoing Australian cricket matches – both domestic and international.
- Below is the navigation bar in green. Here, you have dedicated sections for videos, live scores, fixtures, and other cricketing news.
- The remainder of Cricket.com.au is mostly about Australian cricket. So, if Big Bash League betting interests you, this cricket analysis website should serve you well.
If you are an Indian cricket enthusiast first and foremost, Cricket.com.au may leave you a little disappointed. That said, we still think is a good cricket analysis website, despite its limitations.
It may not be a definitive stats-cruncher like ESPNcricinfo or Cricbuzz, but Cricket365 is still pretty decent at what it does – which is pure cricket analysis. And the thing we loved most about it is its clean and tidy website. So much so, if clutter were to have a spectrum, Cricwaves and Cricket365 would be on two extreme ends of it.
- Right at the top of the page is the primary navigation bar with separate tabs for the ‘Latest Cricket News’, ‘Live Cricket Scores’, ‘IPL News’, and ‘Team News’.
- On the secondary navigation bar (right below the main one), you can access articles and cricketing features written by the website’s contributors. There’s also a ‘Competition’ tab, which directs you to all the day’s contests that you can take part in and win various gifts.
- The remainder of the portal covers a wide range of cricketing news from around the world.
As said earlier, there isn’t a ton of stats you get on Cricket365. But what you do get is comprehensive coverage of cricket-related news and insightful articles from various pundits of the game. So, you will need to put in the hard yards for meaningful cricket analysis.
8. Chase Your Sport
Chase Your Sport isn’t exclusively a cricket analysis website, but that doesn’t take much away from Chase Your Sport. Be it football, IPL, tennis, or even esports, Chase Your Sport dishes out all the latest happenings in an easy-to-navigate layout.
- On the navigation bar (there’s no secondary navigation bar here), you have tabs for football, cricket and tennis news, fantasy cricket and esports, IPL 2021, and ‘Cricket History’ (which serves as a nice throwback to some of the most defining moments in cricket).
- Scroll down the website, and you'll see this information neatly (almost) divided into sections for cricket, football, tennis, esports, fantasy cricket, and cricket history.
Chase Your Sport’s IPL coverage is impressive, but what gains it brownie points is its inclusion and detailed coverage of esports and fantasy cricket.
A part of News18, Cricketnext is a decent cricket analysis website, helped by a straightforward UI.
- On the navigation bar, you can find the schedule of all upcoming matches, as well as live scores, results, rankings, team news, photos, videos, and other cricketing news from around the world.
- The body of the website provides information on both Indian and international cricket.
- On the right, you have a ‘Rankings’ table.
- Scroll further down, and you get ‘Off the Field’ news, which are essentially light-hearted feature stories related to cricket. That aside, there’s a well-compiled photo gallery too.
Cricketnext doesn’t delve into detailed stats. Instead, it offers incisive reports on matches and well-researched features that can help you with cricket analysis. Of course, the live scores, results, and rankings sections top off the overall experience.
Despite being a relative newcomer, Cricadium is a decent option for cricket betting analysis.
- On the top navigation bar, you'll find ‘Cricket News’, ‘Today Match Predictions’, ‘Live Cricket Score', and all IPL-related news.
- On the secondary navigation bar, you again have information about IPL 2021, exciting quizzes to test your knowledge of the game, and fantasy cricket tips.
- The remainder of the website is dedicated to everything about the sport – the latest news, match updates, and other stories related to Indian cricket.
While Cricadium may be lacking in some aspects, the site does have features that make it a decent cricket analysis website. Yes, there are no stats or cricketing records on offer, so that is certainly a limitation. However, the ‘Today Match Prediction’ section is a valuable tool for cricket analysis, especially while betting on the Indian Premier League.
Factors to Consider for Cricket Analysis
Stated below are five tips you should factor in for effective cricket analysis. and to put together a watertight betting strategy. Let us begin:
1. Match Venue
This factor is practically the bedrock of all cricket analysis.
The hosts enjoy what’s called a ‘home advantage’. Suppose India is hosting Australia. Naturally, this will be a big advantage for Team India, as it is their backyard. One would expect the hosts to know the various stadiums like the back of their hands, assess better how pitches could behave differently with time, and predict likely weather conditions.
Most importantly, it is crowd support that makes the real difference. The spectators get behind the home team and root for them when the chips are down, injecting the confidence required to stage a comeback. India, Australia, and England have some of the most passionate cricket enthusiasts who can rally behind their team and make things increasingly difficult for the tourists.
2. Weather Conditions
You’d find the best cricket analysis websites painstakingly dissect the weather conditions. That’s because the elements’ impact on match outcomes is something you don’t want to ignore. Ever. We’ll tell you why below.
Thanks to the overcast skies and the occasional winds, venues like England, Australia, and New Zealand have always been a fast bowler’s delight. Sure, one’s ability to extract bounce and swing off the pitch is important. Still, ideal weather conditions are undoubtedly a shot in the arm for a team’s bowling unit.
On the other hand, the Indian subcontinent – India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Pakistan – has traditionally been conducive to spin.
All in all, while windy conditions are ideal for swing and pace, a humid and dry day typically gets spinners and batsmen’s tails up. India has a predominantly tropical climate, so the evening dew has a significant bearing on match outcomes. The side batting second has it relatively easier, considering bowlers find it challenging to get a grip on the ball.
3. Pitch Report
Batsmen like a flat track, one that’s devoid of any cracks or grass. On the other hand, a green pitch is ideal for fast bowling. That’s because grass supports lateral movement, which helps bowlers get more purchase off the pitch. Lastly, a pitch with cracks on it is perfect for spin.
To sum up how a pitch impacts the different aspects of a game:
- The damper the pitch, the slower it will get with time. Batsmen who cannot time the ball as well could have a harrowing experience in the middle.
- Pitches with dust on them are a spinner’s delight.
- See grass on the deck? Go ahead and put your money on the team bowling first.
- The harder the pitch, the better the ball comes on to the bat. Batsmen usually have it easy batting on a hard track. For example, most Indian venues have a belter of a pitch and are, therefore, batting-friendly.
4. Past Records
While nothing in sports is ever written in stone, there are a few trends you should watch out for during cricket analysis – H2H records being one of them.
For example, Pakistan has never been able to beat India in a World Cup match. The two teams have squared off against each other in seven 50-over World Cup matches and five at the T20I World Cup. The Men in Blue have won all seven in the 50-over edition, and they’re 4-0 up in the T20I World Cup as well (with one match producing no result).
For Pakistan in the World Cup, India is that insurmountable mountain they’ve achingly wanted to conquer, but have failed every time. So, don’t hesitate to back India the next time you are wagering on a World Cup encounter involving the two South Asian rivals.
Leading cricket analysis websites like ESPNcricinfo and Cricbuzz feature a bevy of stats and H2H records. At the same time, remember that stats and records can always change without warning. At the end of the day, cricket is unpredictable, where anything can happen on matchday.
5. Team News and Match Updates
Last but not least, keep track of all team-related news and last-minute match updates. This cricket analysis tip is vital for making a watertight cricket betting strategy.
For instance, a match-winner returning to the side can almost instantly lift the morale inside the team's dressing room. Similarly, an eleventh-minute injury scare can unsettle all calculations, and throw even the best of sides into a tizzy.
Be sure to follow at least a few of the cricket analysis websites listed above in this article. They offer a wealth of information, including past results, the latest stats, and all essential match updates in real time. They'll also help you stay on top of everything that’s happening in the world of cricket.
We shall take the liberty and tweak the idiom ever so slightly. In sports, things often come down to whether a team woke up on the right side of the bed.
How to Analyse Cricket Data
Stated below are some parameters for cricket betting analysis. The objective here is to provide punters with a basis to analyse a game before placing a bet.
Cricket Player Analysis/In-depth Team Analysis
Cricket analysis here is all about assessing the strength and weaknesses of a batsman or a bowler comprehensively. These include:
- Types of strokes played by a batsman
- Methods of dismissal
- Percentage of scoring shots
- Percentage of shots on either the legside or offside
- How a batsman has fared against a specific bowler
- Performance on a particular pitch
- Performance against a particular bowling type (spin, fast, medium-fast)
- Detailed bowler analysis, including percentage of dot balls bowled
- Types of deliveries (inswing, outswing, leg-cutter, off-cutter, doosra, slow ball, bouncer, and the likes)
- Average runs given away during the Power Play overs, middle, and death overs
- Percentage and type of wicket-taking deliveries
In-depth Opposition Analysis
Here, cricket analysis is all about gauging the opposition’s strengths and weaknesses. Possible parameters include:
- Overall team analysis
- Analysis of individual players (batsman, bowlers, and fielders)
Note: Here, cricket analysis should ideally happen along the same parameters (this time, of the opposition, of course) stated in the earlier section.
Here, cricket analysis concerns with assessing fielders’ performance. Some of the parameters include:
- Catches taken
- Catches dropped
- Catch type (simple, hard)
- Run-outs effected
- Run-outs missed
- Run-outs type (simple, hard)
- Stumpings effected
- Stumpings missed
- Stumpings type (simple, hard)
- Misfields and fumbles
- Precision of the throw
Top 10 Betting Sites With Cricket Analysis Tools
Now that we’ve covered where and how to analyse cricket data, it’s time to apply what you've learned. Below, we’ve listed the 10 best betting sites to make your selections.
Bonus: These bookies all offer some cricket analysis tools to boot!
Cricket Analysis – Bookie Reviews
10CRIC accepts Indian punters, as well as deposits and withdrawals in INR.
- Excellent in-play betting feature
- Comprehensive cricket betting platform
- Competitive odds and a variety of betting markets
- Multiple deposit options, including Visa, Mastercard, and bank transfer
- Incredible IPL betting experience
- Regular promos and a 100% welcome bonus
- Not the best bookmaker for horse racing betting
- Unimpressive casino games compared to its competitors
*Odds correct as of 14:03 G.M.T.
When mentioning bookies offering cricket analysis, you cannot leave out the UK-based bet365. The fact that it’s one of the top in-play betting sites only reinforces its place among the best in the business.
bet365 accepts Indian punters, as well as deposits and withdrawals in INR.
- Free live streaming of multiple sports, including cricket, football, and horse racing
- Wide range of sports betting markets
- Fast and interactive live betting
- Easy and secure deposit options, including Visa, Mastercard, Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, net banking, and bank transfer
- Customer service can be better
- Decent welcome bonus, but the terms and conditions can be less complicated
We reckon bet365 is one of the best bookies not only in India, but probably the whole world.
Regardless of which sport you like, if it isn’t on 1xBet, it probably isn’t anywhere.
1xBet accepts Indian punters, as well as deposits and withdrawals in INR.
- Many cricket betting markets with easy-to-understand cricket analysis
- Straightforward sign-up process
- Plenty of promos and offers
- One of the best kabaddi betting sites
- Live streaming available
- Live betting available
- Cash Out feature
- Secure and instant payment options
- Extremely feature-heavy layout that be overwhelming for the rookie punter
- Slow withdrawal
Now, the bookie does have certain drawbacks, and it is definitely not for everybody. If you are just starting out, 1xBet may seem a little formidable. Hence, we recommend you take a look at Parimatch instead.
However, if you're an experienced bettor looking for multiple betting options, along with varied bonuses and promos, you will definitely take a fancy to this cricket betting analysis site.
Cricket Analysis FAQs
What are the best cricket analysis websites?
We have listed the best portals for cricket analysis further above. However, if you were to ask us to single out the very best, we’d list ESPNcricinfo, Cricbuzz, and Cricket World, in that order.
Where can I apply what I've learned about cricket analysis?
Scroll up to the top of the page, and you’ll find all the recommended bookies where you can test out what you've learned about cricket analysis. Off the top of our heads, we’d suggest bet365, Unibet, 1xBet, Parimatch, and 10CRIC.
Are there any bookies that help with cricket analysis?
Again, we have listed the top 10 bookies that also feature cricket analysis tools above. For example, 1xBet, 10CRIC, and bet365 are some of the top betting sites with sections dedicated to cricket analysis.
What factors should I consider for cricket analysis?
The venue of the match, weather conditions, pitch report, past records, and match news are some of the factors you should consider for cricket betting analysis.
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
By this point, we’re sure you've learned how crucial cricket analysis is for betting. Before you learn how to bet on cricket, it is imperative you probe into the detailed cricketing stats, past results, H2H data between the teams, and other news related to injury or any last-minute development.
Of course, bookies like bet365, 10cric, and Dafabet have tools for cricket betting analysis, but they aren’t as comprehensive as the top cricket analysis websites we’ve listed in this article.
Websites like Cricbuzz and ESPNcricinfo are among the best we have when it comes to cricket analysis. They provide razor-sharp insights into what’s happening in the world of cricket, team and player performances, the latest developments, and a flurry of other easy-to-understand stats, which you will find once you explore their portals.
Utilise all the resources these cricket analysis websites have to offer, and tailor your cricket betting strategy accordingly. And last but not least, remember to bet intelligently and responsibly.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.