Cricket has become one of the most popular sports to bet on in the world. With an array of major competitions like the Cricket World Cup, The Ashes and IPL betting all providing bettors with a large selection of betting options, this how to bet on cricket online guide will go over how to bet on cricket, the best betting sites, online cricket from across the world and more.
Best Betting Sites To Bet On Cricket Online
How To Bet On Cricket Online
Beginning your betting journey is something that most perceive to be very easy to do. However, there are a number of steps that many either willing or unwillingly glaze over, and this can have a seriously adverse effect on their betting experience. Below, we have listed some of the most important things you must do when looking to start betting on cricket.
- Do your research – While many think the first thing you should do when starting to bet is to sign up with a bookie, this is not true. The first thing you should do is research the best cricket betting sites and find out which is the best fit for you. When looking into this you should take into account the new customer offers and whether they fit your style of play, what, if any, existing customer offers are available, and whether the bookie offers things like competitive odds, good features, a lot of payment options and more. This process is not always particularly quick, but it can save you a real headache in the future, especially if you sign up with a bookie that does not offer you anything you actually want.
- Register with a bookie – Once you have found your bookmaker of choice, it is now time to sign up with that bookie. You can look to sign up with the best in the business like bet365 and 888sport, with both reputable sites with excellent features and markets, or you could go for a smaller bookmaker that may offer more niche markets and alternate welcome offers. When opening your account you will need to verify your identity. We’ll go into this later in the article.
- Choose bankroll size – Simply put, choosing a bankroll size refers to when you allocate how much money you want to wager in a certain amount of time. This is important as separating your bankroll from your own personal finances means that there is no overlap or an excessive amount of betting. Betting should always be for fun and never as a source of income, and separating your bankroll with our own personal finances puts a clear line between what you can and can’t afford to bet with. We also recommend being clever in the amount of money you wager in a single bet. If you were to bet 80% of your bankroll on one wager and you lost, then you may end up chasing your losses in an attempt to make your money back. This is not ever advised, as this can lead to you putting yourself into even more debt.
- Deposit – Once you have found your bookmaker and picked your bankroll size, it is now time to make a deposit. This can be done with any of a number of payment methods such as debit card, credit card, e-wallet or bank transfer. These payment methods will offer you differing degrees of security, while we recommend using one which you are already signed up with and trust.
- Choose your competition/market – Before you look to make a bet, it is very important that you know what you are betting on. A side in cricket may be the best in the world in the T20 game but they may struggle in Test cricket. Choosing and knowing what competition you are betting on is very important as this will change how players go about their business in a match.
- Do your research – Before you dive into the betting markets and odds on offer, you need to make sure you are making a shrewd bet. Often, bettors will look to make a quick bet that has required very little prior planning. This usually takes the form of a match winner bet, where a bettor will back the big name to win, regardless of the format, venue or recent form. While backing the big name is something many do, it is not always advised.
- Place your bet and await the result – Once you have followed these steps, it is now time for you to place a bet. When you are placing a bet, always look for value in what you are wagering on and weigh up the relative risk and reward. You should also become acquainted with different betting and cricketing terms, how betting odds work and how to pick winners in markets for the top cricket tournaments.
- Wait for the result/use in play markets – Once you have placed your bets, you will have to sit back and wait for the results to come in. Of course, you can choose to make some in play bets, although we would not recommend having too many bets on the go at one time, therefore it would perhaps be best to wager in play if you had not made a pre-match bet beforehand.
- Withdraw your money – Once you have reached the end of your own set bankroll time limit, you should withdraw your winnings. Withdrawing winnings takes a different amount of time depending on the payment method you use and you have to withdraw with the same payment method you used to make your deposit. If you lose all of your money, remember that losing is part of the betting game, making it incredibly important to only ever bet as much as you can comfortably afford.
Geo-restrictions apply. You must have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours
How To Pick The Best Betting Site For Online Cricket Betting
When looking at the best betting sites for your needs, whether cricket or otherwise, there are a few important factors you must be aware of. We have listed these below, and while it is not always necessary to have every single factor on the bookie you sign up with, we would recommend that most of the points are ticked off to ensure you are playing with a good bookmaker.
- Markets – The available markets on a betting site should be one of the biggest reasons why you do, or do not sign up with a bookie. The best cricket betting sites will provide a number of the more standard markets, like match winner, top batsman and top wicket-taker, while they will also boast more niche markets like to win the toss, first dismissal method and more. Of course, you may not be overly concerned with whether a bookie has a lot of niche markets, but it is still vital that they have some real variety in their betting markets for you. While top batsman betting may be your go-to, you may become fatigued after only betting on this market, meaning you will look elsewhere. This is why it is important to ensure that whatever bookmaker you sign up with, you have a lot of choice in their available markets.
Best Betting Sites For Cricket Betting Markets: bet365
- Competitive Odds – Having competitive odds is generally what separates one top bookmaker from another. All will claim to have competitive odds, but this is not usually the case, with some bookmakers boasting great odds in nearly all of their major sports, while others will be better with one sport over another. Competitive odds are very important to bettors as this dictates how much value you can get from particular bets. For example, if India are currently 2.00 to beat South Africa in a Test with bookmaker A, while they are 2.50 with bookmaker B, you will get more value with the latter. Bookmaker A will offer (2.00x₹1000) a return of ₹2000, while bookmaker B will offer (2.50x₹1000) a return of ₹2500. While this differential in total returns may not sound particularly big, this is just one bet. This difference in the size of your winnings will only increase as you bet more, so it is therefore very important to maximise the value in your bets. You can do more research on the odds from different betting sites by using an odds comparison matrix, which will show you the best odds from certain bookmakers for different markets.
Best Betting Site For Competitive Odds: bet365
- Sports Covered – You can’t bet on your favourite markets if the bookmaker you have signed up with doesn’t even offer your sport of choice. When you are looking at signing up with any of the bookmakers we recommend, you should first take note of the sports that they cover. It is meaningless to you if a bookmaker offers soccer, tennis, cycling, rugby union and F1, only to not offer the one sport you actually want to bet on. Before you sign up with anyone, make sure they have an array of sports or, at the very least, the ones you want to bet on.
Best Betting Site For Range Of Sports: bet365
- Live Streaming – Live streaming is a function that has gained a lot of popularity alongside the digitalisation of sports betting. Live streaming refers to the ability to go onto a bookmaker’s website, sign in and watch a match from a certain sport. This may be from soccer, tennis, horse racing or a number of other sports. Live streaming is so popular because watching a match can be exciting, and this can be increased when you have a bet on that game. It is also important for in play bettors too. If there is no way of watching the match, most people will have to follow the game via a live text commentary. This can miss out on important details and it is usually quite slow, with both making live betting very difficult. Watching the live events will allow you to pick up on subtle changes in tactics and performance levels on the pitch, while you may see something that allows you to nail a bet that comes against the run of play. Make sure that if you want to have the ability to live stream certain sports, that you check your bookie of choice has the ability to do so. Also, be aware of the fact that there are some requirements to watch live streams on different sites. Bookmakers usually ask you to have a bet on the game you want to watch or a positive balance in your account in order to watch live streams.
Best Betting Site For Live Streaming: Unibet
- Payment Methods – Having a good selection of payment methods available to you when you bet is very important as this will often dictate who you sign up with. For example, many people will be more inclined to pass up on a bookmaker that does not offer a payment method they trust in favour of a bookie that does, even if the latter is not as good a bookmaker as the former. It is therefore vital that bookies offer customers most, if not all of the most popular and trusted payment methods available today. Being able to quickly and safely deposit and withdraw with options like visa, credit card, PayPal, ApplePay, Skrill Neteller, Paytm at least gives bettors the knowledge that their transactions are being done with a reputable site in which they know their money is safe.
Best Betting Site For Payment Methods: 888sport
- Welcome Offers & Existing Customer Offers – Bookmaker offers make up a big part of why bettors initially choose one site over another. A welcome offer refers to a promotion a bookmaker will offer to a new customer in an attempt to get them to sign up with them and not another site. This will generally see the customer sign up and deposit a certain amount of money and, in return, they will get free bets, bet credits, risk free bets, matched deposits and more. An existing customer offer is given to a bettor of a sportsbook to reward them for their loyalty, and this will generally be in the form of enhanced odds, acca insurance and other loyalty schemes. These bonuses will allow you to enhance your playing pot or potentially get bigger returns on your winnings. Ensure you do your research and know exactly which betting offers work best for your play style.
Best Betting Site For Welcome Offers & Existing Customer Offers: 888sport
- Customer Support – Having quick and efficient customer support can be the difference between you having your question answered almost immediately and getting back to betting, and waiting for hours for a reply that does not resolve your problem. Many betting sites will offer 24/7 customer service via live chat, telephone chat, email responses and FAQs. Generally, a site that does not offer at least three of these options is seen as lagging behind in customer support, while those that do not offer 24/7 care are also seen as below par. The best betting sites with top quality customer service will give you the ability to quickly resolve your problem whether it is 3pm in the afternoon on a Tuesday or 2am on a Sunday morning.
Best Betting Site For Customer Support: Unibet
- Site Usability – It goes without saying that a bookmaker needs to have a site that is easy to use. Convoluted site structures and broken links will only serve to anger customers as they try to place bets. A slow site is the bane of any in play bettor too, with time usually very important when it comes to live betting. Whether you are betting on your desktop or mobile, the ability to quickly and efficiently move through a site and find what you are looking for is very important in gambling.
Best Betting Site For Site Usability: 888sport
- In Play Betting – In play betting refers to when bettors place wagers on a match after it has started. This differs from pre-game betting as you will be wagering on similar markets, but the odds will constantly be shortening and drifting due to the events of the game itself. This means that a previously odds-on choice may drift out to provide generous odds and vice versa. In play betting provides bettors with the thrill of trying to work out which way the match will go next, and there is real excitement when you nail a bet against the run of play. Live betting is a game that can be difficult to play due to timings, but when you get it right, it can offer good payouts.
Best Betting Site For In Play Betting: bet365
How to Verify Your Online Betting Account
When opening your account you will need to verify your identity. This can be done through the following steps:
- Enter your legal name, address and other personal information
- Upload relevant documents in the verification menu or by sending them to customer support. In this verification process you must submit two documents at least, with the first for name verification and the second for address verification.
- Name verification can be done through passports, driving licences or any other document issued by the government.
- Address verification can be done via any of the aforementioned methods or by using a utility bill or bank statement.
- You should receive confirmation about whether your account has been verified or not within 2-4 working days. If it takes longer than this, we suggest contacting customer support.
Online Cricket Betting From Across The World
Cricket betting has become very popular all around the world. Whether this is through betting on Tests, ODI’s or T20 cricket, betting on the sport is something that can enhance your enjoyment of the game. Below, we have rounded up a number of the countries in which cricket betting is very popular, and gone through the most popular competitions and markets there.
Bet On Cricket Online: UK
While cricket betting UK may not be the most popular sport to bet on in the United Kingdom, with soccer and horse racing the biggest there, it still has a very special place in the hearts of many bettors there. The most popular competitions that originate in the UK include the County Championship, T20 Blast, Bob Willis Trophy and any match involving England, while games for Ireland and Scotland invariably draw bettors too. As far as the most popular markets go, the match winner and top batsmen markets are always a draw, while any outright betting market for big tournaments are popular too, with the three markets featuring prominently in any how to bet on cricket online guide. With regard to the biggest events in the UK, the Ashes (England vs Australia) always draws in a lot of attention, while the T20 and ODI World Cups are massive draws too, with the lure to bet on cricket online for these competitions huge.
Bet On Cricket Online: India
Sports betting India provides a glut of betting options that will keep fans of any kind of sport very busy. Of course, cricket is one of, if not the most popular sport to watch and bet on in India, with the national and regional teams playing some of the most exciting cricket in the game. The Indian national team has been superb in all three formats of the game for years, with poster boy Virat Kohli leading the charge in all three formats. On the domestic scene, the IPL (Indian Premier League) is king. The IPL is a domestic competition that sees the best T20 players in the world brought into different teams who then battle it out in the most fierce T20 competition on the planet. With the stars of every country descending on India for the tournament, markets like most sixes and highest opening partnerships have become very popular when it comes to bettors wanting to bet on cricket online.
Bet On Cricket Online: Australia
Australia boasts one of the most impressive and fearsome cricket scenes on the planet. The Big Bash headlines the domestic circuit down under, with the T20 competition proving to be one of the most popular betting opportunities. Alongside this is the Sheffield Shield, One Day Cup and the Women’s National Cricket League and the Women’s Big Bash. All of these competitions draw in big audiences, with the likes of top wicket-takers and man of the match betting very popular in Australia. Alongside this, betting on niche markets like to win the toss and runs scored off first delivery are also viable options when utilising cricket betting Australia.
Bet On Cricket Online: Pakistan
There are a number of cricket events in Pakistan that make online betting in Pakistan an exciting option. The biggest tournaments in Pakistan include the Pakistan Cup, the National T20 Cup and, the biggest of them all is the Pakistan Super League. All three tournaments provide different betting options with the likes of top batsman and top wicket-taker popular. However, the most popular betting options always come when Pakistan take on arch-rivals India. The two sides have played out some of the most entertaining and fiery battles in cricketing history, and it is always a treat when the two come together, with many learning how to bet on cricket online solely to bet on this clash.
Bet On Cricket Online: Bangladesh
Online betting in Bangladesh has proved to be a very popular pastime, with the sports betting scene providing an all-encompassing experience for bettors. Without a doubt, the most popular event in Bangladesh is the Bangladesh Premier League, while there is also the National Cricket League, Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League and the Bangladesh Cricket League. Despite the fact there is a decent amount of choice in the tournaments on offer, the Bangladesh Premier League gives bettors all of the options they could ask for, with the annual event proving to be incredibly popular for bettors from all over the world.
Bet On Cricket Online: Rest Of The World
While cricket definitely enjoys popularity in England, India, Australia, Pakistan and Bangladesh, that is not to say that betting from different countries is not a major betting option. For example, cricket betting in USA is an area that is gaining traction, with the array of competitions, markets and betting options proving to be very attractive. While the Cricket World Cup may pass the USA team by, the options for bettors are massive, with the ability to bet on match winner, top batsman and top opening partnership along with an array of outright markets able to make cricket betting one that enjoys a lot of variety.
How To Bet On Cricket Online FAQs
Which are the best betting sites for online cricket betting?
If you are looking for the best betting sites to utilise this how to bet on cricket online guide with, then we recommend Bet365, 888sport and Unibet. The trio have a very impressive range of sports and markets offered, while the three offer competitive odds too. Where they set themselves apart from the rest is in their on-site features, with live streaming, bet builders, generous promotions and more all coming together to create a very impressive sportsbook. Of course, if you are looking into how to bet on cricket online then you can bet with any of the 10 bookmakers mentioned above in the knowledge that you are signing up with a very good bookmaker.
How do you bet on cricket online?
When you come to learning how to bet on cricket online, there are a number of key factors you must adhere to before getting started. The first is finding the right bookmaker for you, which is done through research into what they offer. Next, you will need to sign up with that bookmaker and place your first bet once you have done your research into the market you want to bet on. From there, it is all about looking to be clever with your bets by finding markets that offer value bets whilst ensuring that you only bet what you can do so comfortably. Having the ability to bet on cricket online means that nearly all of the major competitions in the game are there for you to wager on.
Can I watch matches while I bet on cricket online?
Yes, you can live stream certain matches on a bookmaker site. To do so, you will need to sign into your bookie and if they have a live streaming function then you will be able to access their calendar. If they are showing a streaming of your chosen game then you will be able to watch it. To do so you may have to have a bet placed on the game in question or a positive balance in your account.
Which are the most popular cricket betting markets?
When it comes to how to bet on cricket online it is very important to know which are the most popular betting markets. These will usually be the match winner, top batsman and top wicket-taker markets, with the three easy to use whilst offering some value.
Geo-restrictions apply. You must have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
When it comes to learning how to bet on cricket online, there are a number of key factors you simply must know. Many of them are based upon finding the right bookies, competitions and markets for you, with one bettors preferences often very different to another. From there, it is all about being smart with your money, setting yourself wagering limits and finding good value bets that see the potential reward far outweigh the risk. Having the ability to bet on cricket online has opened up the betting options on so many cricket tournaments, and with the cricketing scene thriving due to this, there has never been a better time to learn how to bet on cricket online.