Live cricket score sites and apps provide us with an excellent way of tracking scores and match results of any of the top cricket tournaments worldwide. In this article, we take you through some of the best live cricket score apps and sites which have been becoming increasingly popular, especially for cricket betting with the best live and in-play betting sites.
Live Cricket Score Apps and Sites in Brief
In India and the Indian subcontinent, cricket is that wonder sport that probably has no rival. Yes, football is prevalent as well, particularly in West Bengal, Maharashtra, and Goa. But cricket arguably pips football to the post with its massive (and ever-increasing) fan following.
Besides India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka, the sport has a loyal following in the United Kingdom and Australia. Although the Brits invented the sport, its appeal was soon widely embraced by India as well.
It is this passion for cricket that has hundreds of thousands regularly turn to the best live cricket score apps and sites in order to stay on top of every match happening around the world. You'll be given the latest scores and other match updates, all in real time.
Live Cricket Score Sites and Apps
#1 NDTV Sports
One of the finest live cricket score sites around, NDTV Sports offers plenty of benefits.
- The UI is neat and crisp, allowing users to effortlessly navigate the website.
- Apart from all the latest updates from the world of cricket, NDTV Sports features a host of other sports, including football, tennis, badminton, Formula 1, golf, kabaddi, athletics, swimming, wrestling, chess, boxing, and many more.
- Right underneath the secondary search bar, you'll find the latest scores and results of all the international cricket matches happening worldwide.
- On the right, you'll see the detailed team rankings’ table.
- Furthermore, the site features essential reads, editors’ picks, and updated news stories on various sports.
- There’s a comprehensive photo and video gallery as well.
Besides being one of the better cricket live score sites, ESPN is known the world over for its comprehensive coverage of other sports and detailed reportage on administrative sporting matters.
- Much like NDTV, the ESPN website features a gamut of sports, including all the usual suspects (cricket, football, tennis – you get the drift) and the relatively lesser-known ones (read NFL, shooting, Moto GP, chess, rugby, and the like) as well.
- Almost the entire homepage is dedicated to the latest football news and various footballing competitions held worldwide.
- To the right of the website, you'll see a section called ‘Top Headlines’, with the most important news stories and interview nuggets of teams/players.
- Unlike a few live cricket score apps and sites, ESPN doesn’t limit itself to the basic sports coverage like reporting match scores, for instance. Instead, their teams delve deep into multiple sports administration-related news as well, which is undoubtedly the primary takeaway for the serious sports buff.
#3 BBC Sport
- On the search bar, you have cricket, football, cycling, tennis, golf, Formula 1, athletics, and rugby.
- Move to the right, and you'll see the ‘More’ option, with a range of other sports being featured. Quite rightly, this section is called ‘A-Z Sports’.
- Match scores are available in this section called ‘Scores & Fixtures’. The design here is fresh and original. Simply choose the month, and you get the detailed match scores and upcoming fixtures. If you don’t find that, you can also enter the competition’s name individually on the bar above.
- The rest of this live cricket score site deals with cricket news stories and match updates.
Launched in 2004, Cricbuzz is probably the most popular live cricket score app for both Android and iOS. The live cricket score site is equally engaging too.
- The website is extremely user-friendly and easy to use, with multiple features like ball-by-ball (text) commentary and a live scorecard for all ongoing matches.
- Get exclusive coverage of some of the best big-ticket cricketing leagues, including the Indian Premier League, PSL, and the Big Bash League.
- You'll also find the latest news related to cricket, a schedule of all upcoming matches (both domestic and international), past results, and player/team stats.
- There's also a top-notch video stream and match highlights, making this app a special all-in-one package.
Right up there with Cricbuzz, ESPNcricinfo (from the house of ESPN) is probably the finest dedicated live cricket score app (and site) ever designed. You can download the app for Android and iOS devices from the Google Play Store and App Store respectively.
- The site features ball-by-ball commentary, team and player statistics, live scores, match updates, video highlights, expert analysis, interviews, articles, and all the latest news from the world of cricket.
- ESPNcricinfo is one of the best live score apps, with an easily navigable and easy-to-use user interface. The site is very responsive and loads in seconds.
- To the left of the homepage, you'll find sections such as ‘Key Series’ (a list of the ongoing and upcoming tournaments/competitions), ‘Quick Links’ (comprising ICC rankings, 5 Star Players, Fantasy Picks, etc), and ‘ESPNcricinfo Apps’ (links to Android and iOS downloads).
- To the right, you have news headlines. Click on them to read any story you like.
The ingeniously designed 365Scores is available for both Android and iOS devices.
- This cricket live score app features nine other sports, including football, basketball, tennis, hockey, rugby, baseball, handball, volleyball, and American football.
- 365Scores cover nearly 2000 competitions, including the Indian Premier League, Wimbledon, US Open, and the FIFA World Cup.
#7 The Official ICC App
The Official ICC app offers coverage across all ongoing international action, including fixtures, match results, videos, rankings, ICC news, and more. There are have download options for both Android and iOS devices.
- On the search bar, you'll find ‘Live’ (live scores, men’s results, women’s results), ‘Fixtures’ (both men’s and women’s fixtures), ‘ICC Events’ (comprising big-ticket competitions like the ICC T20 World Cup, ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, and the Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League), ‘Rankings’ (team/player rankings, player comparisons), ‘Video’ (the whole gamut of video highlights), and ‘More’ (including awards, quiz, news, photos).
- Other features include the ICC Live Match Centre with commentary and live ball-by-ball updates, high-quality video interviews, features, ICC Cricket 360, full ICC event coverage with fixtures, pools, and news.
- This live cricket score site (and app) has a slick UI, devoid of any advertisement floating around the screen.
As an app, OneCricket may not be quite out there compared to the others on this list, but it certainly does what it promises. Let’s see how:
- You'll find live scores, in-depth match updates, and all the upcoming fixtures in one place.
- These aforementioned features can be accessed on the search bar, along with another tab called ‘Series’. Click here and choose any competition from the drop-down menu – you'll get all the information you need, including squads, results of completed matches, upcoming matches, player statistics, points table, and detailed news stories.
- The rest of the site features varied sports stories and comprehensive coverage, including experts’ analysis, cricketers’ predictions (on an upcoming tournament/league), and information about cricket administration.
- There is nothing fancy about either the app or the website, which is probably its USP – no-frills sports reportage. You can download the OneCricket app from Google Play Store.
One of the best live score apps, FlashScore is right up there with the likes of Cricbuzz, ESPNcricinfo, and the Official ICC App. You can download this app for both Android and iOS devices.
- FlashScore features as many as 33 sports (of which you will find three on the search bar and the remaining 30 on the ‘More Sports’ option on the right of the search bar).
- Not only is it one of the better live cricket score sites, but it also does a brilliant job of showing live scores and match updates across tennis, football, kabaddi, and many other sports dear to Indian punters.
- FlashScore excels at one aspect where a few other big names flounder – simplicity. Why? That’s because they are invested only in live scores and updates: no news stories, no match coverage, no expert dissection.
- The site is elementary, so it might come across as austere to some. However, that’s the only reason why we chose to slot FlashScore lower down this pecking order of live cricket score sites and apps.
#10 Yahoo Cricket App
From Yahoo comes this uber fast live cricket score app with real-time match updates and commentary. This app even has a ‘Moments You Missed' feature, which allows you to watch all the crucial highlights across matches. You also get live (text-based) commentary, infographics, photos, latest team news, player and team profile, rankings, and statistics.
Live Cricket Score Sites for Cricket Betting
Sports betting is not about relying on a hunch or listening to that voice inside your head. Instead, it is calculated and methodical (at least that’s how it should be). If you stick to your guns and keep depending on your gut, it might pay off initially. But rest assured, unfounded ‘guesstimating’ will only take you so far. Getting lucky often depends on how well-prepared you are.
This is where live cricket score apps and sites come into play. They offer a snapshot of multiple matches from around the world, including live scorecards, live cricket commentary, stats, and expert analysis. All these nuggets, combined with the best cricket prediction in the world, help you place informed wagers.
Live Cricket Score Apps for Live Betting
There’s another way cricket live score apps and sites can help you, and that is when you’re indulging in in-play betting.
Suppose you want to try IPL betting live. You decide to put your money on a Delhi Capitals vs Sunrisers Hyderabad game. In this case, you will want to follow real-time updates on live cricket score apps, which will allow you to make an educated guess about, for instance, which batsman would score the most runs in the match. You could even cash out early, should things not go in your favour.
Which Are the Best Live Betting Sites?
The 7 Cardinal Rules of Live Betting
- Look for an excellent in-game interface, because that will really make or break your chances. A smooth live betting interface will update the various markets seamlessly without constant interruptions and reloading attempts.
- Live betting is fast, where lines change in just a few seconds. You cannot take your eyes off the ball. Naturally, here is when a live cricket score site really becomes useful. Keep one of these (we’ve discussed 10 of them in this article) open, preferably on a separate device, so you can track all the developments in real time and get to betting as quickly as you can.
- Choose the ‘Better Odds’ option if you get one. Most live betting platforms will let you take any bet no matter what the odds are, or allow you to choose a bet only if the odds get better. Opting for the former makes no sense; it can greatly damage your bankroll.
- Never bet more than you can afford to lose. Since in-play betting is often lightning-fast, you may see lines and odds change significantly in your favour. That might get you tempted to place that bet, but it could all come crashing down if your hunch doesn’t prove right in the next delivery that’s bowled.
- In live betting, you could be wagering on multiple games at once. Hence, you must pay attention to the bets you’ve already placed. Sure, it is crucial to jump on great odds quickly. But you don’t want your next wager to be in conflict with an earlier bet – it isn’t good for your bottom line. At best, you will only break even, meaning you will end up paying all the juice to the bookie.
- Don’t bet on matches you aren’t following. No live cricket score app can save you if you put money on a match you've no clue about. That’s a misadventure you don’t want.
- Yes, your in-play bets need to be fast. But they don’t have to be raining down like cloudburst. Start slow. Take it one at a time. Don’t bet live on multiple matches simultaneously.
Live Cricket Score Sites and Apps FAQs
What are some of the best live cricket score apps?
Off the cuff, we would single out ESPNcricinfo, Cricbuzz, NDTV Sports, and Google cricket live score as being the very best. Of course, the last one isn’t a dedicated live cricket score app, but hey, it works just fine.
What are the sports available across the best live score apps?
Cricbuzz, for example, is a live cricket score site. Both the app and the site are dedicated to cricket. That said, the best live score apps will almost always feature other popular sports as well, including football, tennis, kabaddi, field hockey.
Does every betting site offer live cricket scores?
Not at all. In fact, most don’t. There are a few, however, that almost double up as cricket live score sites. That’s because they feature the whole gamut of information, including live scores, past results, and a comprehensive stats corner. We’d say bet365, NetBet, and Novibet are among the best in this department.
Do the best live score apps offer betting services?
Of course not. These are just apps or sites offering live cricket scores and match updates, which you can then use for betting with the best sites that we’ve discussed already in this article.
Where can I find these live cricket score apps?
Simply download them from the Google Play or the App Store.
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
By this time, you’ve probably understood why live cricket score sites and live cricket score apps are so crucial to making smart bets. The info you obtain from them assumes much significance while wagering on your favourite team/player. Without these, live betting would be much more challenging.
Today, thanks to modern technology, cricket live score apps and sites are available at our fingertips. If you can fuse their capabilities with your knowledge of the top cricket betting markets, you can undoubtedly better your chances of placing educated bets and winning big.
Finally, as always, know when to stop and don’t get carried away. Remember that you should always be smart, and bet responsibly.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.