The English T20 Blast (also called the Vitality T20 Blast) is one of the top cricket tournaments in the world. This article has everything you need to know about Vitality T20 Blast betting: the participating teams, the Vitality Blast 2021 schedule, outright T20 Blast betting odds, tips, predictions and the best cricket betting sites.
Best T20 Blast Betting Bookies
Top 5 Bookmakers for Vitality Blast Betting
Vitality Blast 2021: An Overview
The T20 Blast, currently called the Vitality Blast (for sponsorship reasons), is an annual top-tier professional T20 league competition organised for first-class counties in England and Wales. Introduced in 2003 by the England and Wales Cricket Board, the Vitality T20 Blast is widely regarded as the first T20 league competition of its kind and the precursor of modern-day cash-rich Twenty20 leagues like the IPL.
Check out the best bookies for IPL betting.
Over the years, the English T20 Blast has grown in popularity and relevance – as a result, so has T20 Blast betting.
Number of teams: 18
Format: Group stage followed by knockout
Most successful team: Leicestershire Foxes (3-time Champions)
Current Champion: Nottinghamshire County (2 Titles)
T20 Blast Betting Odds, Predictions and Tips (2021)
Vitality Blast 2021 will begin on the 9th of June. The best cricket betting sites have already published outright T20 Blast Betting odds, which we have compiled in the following section.
|English T20 Blast Team||Division||T20 Blast Betting Odds||T20 Blast Betting Bookie||*All odds at the time of writing||Nottinghamshire (Notts Outlaws)||Nortern||6.00||bet365|
|Northamptonshire (Northans Steelbacks)||Central||19.00||10bet|
T20 Blast Betting 2021 : Team Preview
Below is a closer look at all the teams taking part in Vitality Blast 2021.
- In 2020, the Bears missed out on a knock-out berth due to a slow run rate.
- They had won the English T20 Blast in 2014.
- The Bears were the runners-up on two occasions – 2003 and 2017.
- T20 all-rounder Carlos Brathwaite will be their key to success. The Barbadian, with his lusty blows, can take any bowler to the cleaners. People still remember Brathwaite for his heroics at the 2016 T20 World Cup final when he hit Ben Stokes for four consecutive sixes in the 20th over.
Note: The 2021 T20 World Cup will be played in India, starting October. Check out our detailed guide on T20 World Cup betting to discover the best bookmakers offering markets on this tournament.
- The Falcons had a forgettable 2020 edition of the English T20 Blast, winning only one of their 10 matches in the Northern Division.
- The only time Derbyshire Falcons reached Finals Day was in 2019, where they were edged past by Essex in the second semi-final.
- Aussie wicket-keeper Ben McDermott is a key Falcons player. He amassed 402 runs in this edition of the Big Bash while averaging close to 60 in the Sheffield Shield.
- With only four wins and five losses, Durham could not progress to the business end of the English T20 Blast in 2020.
- They played only one final in 2016, eventually losing to victors Northants Steelbacks.
- The skipper of his side in 2020, English-Australian cricketer Nathan Rimmington, remains a vital member of the Durham team with his wealth of T20 experience.
- In the 2020 English T20 Blast, Lancashire were beaten by eventual champions Notts Outlaws in the semi-final round.
- They won their only English T20 Blast in 2015.
- In 2005 and 2014, Lancashire finished as runners-up.
- Kiwi signee Finn Allen was the highest run-getter (512 runs) at a strike rate of 193+ for Wellington Firebirds in the 2020/21 Super Smash.
- The Foxes have been the most successful in the English T20 Blast to date, winning three titles in 2004, 2006, and 2011.
- In 2020, they were knocked out by Notts Outlaws in the quarter-finals.
- The Foxes will be banking on Afghan fast-bowler Naveen-ul-Haq, who brings his good form to New Road for Vitality Blast 2021.
- In the 2020 English T20 Blast, Northants Steelbacks were defeated by Gloucestershire in the quarter-finals.
- The Northamptonshire-based outfit has won two titles till now – 2013 (defeating Surrey) and 2016 (defeating Durham).
- In 2015, they were beaten by Lancashire Lightning in the final.
- The team has signed the world’s top-ranked T20 all-rounder Mohammad Nabi. The Afghan will be the player to watch out for in Vitality Blast 2021.
- Last year’s champions won seven of their 10 group-stage matches before humbling Leicestershire Foxes, Lancashire Lightning, and Surrey to win their 2nd English T20 Blast championship.
- Their key player has to be Alex Hales. According to us, the Englishman can walk into any white-ball team on this planet. His performance at the Big Bash and PSL over the past one year speaks volumes about the man’s T20 abilities.
- Worcestershire will be wanting to put their 2020 debacle behind them. Finishing at the bottom of the Central Division, the Rapids had cut a sorry figure, winning only two of their 10 games last year.
- Instead, they will want to draw inspiration from 2018 (when they won their only English T20 Blast title to date) and 2019 (when they warred with Essex in the final).
- For T20 Blast betting, consider Moeen Ali as the Rapids’ go-to player. The English all-rounder is one of the best in the sport right now. Who can forget his heroics in the 2019 edition when he almost singlehandedly steered Worcestershire to Finals Day!
- The Vikings could only win three games in the 2020 season.
- Thanks to their dismal performance, Yorkshire Vikings couldn’t make it beyond the group stage.
- The Vikings have only reached one final (2012) to date, only to lose to Hampshire Royals.
- Not many key players in the squad, really. But Yorkshire has recently signed Kiwi fast bowler Lockie Ferguson for Vitality Blast 2021. If he comes into his own this season, the tall and lanky Kiwi can certainly give a few batsmen sleepless nights.
- Essex Eagles won their only title in 2019, defeating Worcestershire Rapids in the final. Incidentally, that was also the only time the Essex-based outfit has ever played a final in the English T20 Blast.
- In 2020, they had a torrid run, slumping to six defeats from their 10 group-stage games.
- Essex Eagles will hope New Zealander Jimmy Neesham fires on all cylinders in 2021.
- In 2020, Glamorgan won four and lost five matches, which thwarted their progress beyond the group stage.
- They did reach Finals Day in 2017, but are yet to contest a final.
- Destructive South African Colin Ingram will again be a vital cog of Glamorgan’s top order.
- In 2020, Gloucestershire topped the Central Division, winning seven of their 10 fixtures.
- They also thrashed Northants Steelbacks in the quarter-final.
- However, they were eventually humbled by Surrey in a truncated semi-final clash.
- Gloucestershire have only ever played one final in 2007, where they eventually lost to Kent by four wickets.
- The Brits and Kiwis have seen much success in the English T20 Blast. Another testimony to that is Kiwi ‘keeper-batsman Glenn Phillips, a reliable lieutenant for Gloucestershire. Phillips also holds the record for blasting the fastest T20I century for New Zealand in a game against the West Indies.
- Hampshire Royals were the laggards in the Southern Division in 2020, finishing at the bottom of the table with only two victories.
- That said, they have won the English T20 Blast twice – in 2010 and 2012.
- Aussie opener D’Arcy Short was recently signed by Hampshire. The hard-hitting batsman is no stranger to the setup, having amassed a mammoth 483 runs for Durham in the 2019 edition of the tournament.
- Kent did put up a good show in 2020, but was eventually eliminated by Surrey in the quarter-final.
- They won their only English T20 Blast title in 2007, defeating Gloucestershire.
- Kent reached the final again the following year in 2008, but lost to Middlesex.
- The team will be expecting ex-Pakistan quick Mohammad Amir to be among the wickets. The 29-year-old will be available for the second half of the Vitality Blast 2021.
- In 2020, Middlesex occupied fourth spot in the Southern Group, with only three wins from their quota of matches.
- They won the English T20 Blast once in 2008, defeating the then title-holders, Kent Spitfires.
- Ireland’s Paul Stirling will play only the first five matches in the 2021 edition. Middlesex will hope Stirling’s big-hitting prowess is available on tap from the get-go.
- Last year, with four wins and five losses, Somerset had to settle for a fourth-place finish in the Central Group.
- They won the English T20 Blast in 2005.
- Somerset is the only outfit in the Vitality Blast to have lost three successive finals – 2009, 2010, and 2011.
- They haven’t qualified for a final since 2011.
- Somerset has signed Devon Conway for nine games at the Vitality Blast 2021. The New Zealander has had an impressive season, first making it to the New Zealand XI and then confirming his availability for the World Test Championship 2021 final against India starting from June 18.
- In 2020, Surrey topped the Southern Division with seven wins from their 10 games.
- They eventually lost to Notts Outlaws in the final of the 2020 English T20 Blast.
- Surrey are yet to add another Vitality Blast trophy to their cabinet since their maiden championship in the inaugural edition in 2003.
- English cricketer Jason Roy looks in fine form, as evident from his performance against India. He didn’t get a game in the IPL, and will be raring to go when Vitality Blast 2021 gets underway on June 9.
- Though they finished second in the Southern Division, Sussex Sharks were comprehensively beaten by Lancashire Lightning in 2020.
- They won their only English T20 Blast in 2009.
- In 2018, they lost to Worcestershire Rapids in the final.
- Rashid Khan is probably the best T20 bowler at the moment. The talismanic Afghan’s right-arm leg-spin remains a formidable threat across conditions, more so in T20s. Sussex Sharks will hope Khan doesn’t bide much time to come into his own in 2021.
T20 Blast Betting : Predicting the Playoffs
We think Notts Outlaws are the favourites to win the Vitality Blast 2021. We also expect Lancashire Lightning and Yorkshire Vikings (both from the North Group) and Birmingham Bears (Central Group) to join Nottinghamshire in the knockout stage.
With the tournament now running from early June to mid-September, international call-ups, injuries, and quarantine rules could certainly affect the balance of these outfits. Of the four (for the sake of T20 Blast betting), we are putting our money on 2020 champions Notts Outlaws and Lancashire Lightning to make it to the Finals Day.
The other four teams we think could qualify for Finals Day are Surrey, Sussex Sharks, Essex Eagles (from South Group) and Somerset (from Central Group). Players from these teams will also have international duties to attend to while the tournament is going on. Of these four, our T20 Blast betting picks would be Surrey and Somerset. When it comes to Sussex Sharks, we are sitting on the fence.
Remember to do your research! Even the best cricket prediction in the world cannot guarantee winnings if you don’t keep up with the latest updates and statistics. Relying on your gut will only take you so far. Track all the latest developments and follow team news to stay on top of the English T20 Blast.
T20 Blast Betting Markets
While there are multiple markets available for Vitality Blast betting, we have narrowed down the top four below. Please check out individual bookmakers listed above for more betting opportunities.
|T20 Blast Betting Market||Description||Recommended Bookmaker||Outright Winner||Predict which team will win Vitality Blast 2021||bet365|
|Match Winner||Predict which team will win a particular match in Vitality Blast 2021. Make sure you stay on top of all news related to that game.||Betway|
|Highest Run Scorer||This could be for a particular game or the whole tournament, depending on the bookie. Simply predict batsman would post the maximum runs.||888sport|
Vitality Blast 2021 Schedule
Thanks to the 18 teams participating, the English T20 Blast is always a long, long tournament. Check out the detailed match schedule here.
Where Can I Watch the English T20 Blast?
In India and the Indian subcontinent (consisting of Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Maldives, Sri Lanka, and Bhutan), Star Sports will broadcast live all the matches of the Vitality Blast 2021. You can also live stream all the games on Hotstar through their mobile app, as well as the website itself.
Moreover, some of the best live cricket streaming sites like bet365 might choose to broadcast all the matches. Usually, the live-streaming facility can be unlocked for a nominal sum, which could be equivalent to the price of a minimum bet.
English T20 Blast Past Winners
This is for the sake of T20 Blast betting, of course. You see, only knowing the T20 Blast betting odds may not be enough – you need to pair this knowledge with all the teams who have lifted the coveted Vitality Blast trophy in the past. That way, you know which teams have it in them to do an encore and which might just be the also-rans.
|Year||English T20 Blast Winner||Runner-up||2020||Notts Outlaws||Surrey|
|2019||Essex Eagles||Worcestershire Rapids|
|2018||Worcestershire Rapids||Sussex Sharks|
|2017||Notts Outlaws||Birmingham Bears|
|2015||Lancashire Lightning||Northans Steelbacks|
|2014||Birmingham Bears||Lancashire Lightning|
|2006||Leicestershire Foxes||Notts Outlaws|
T20 Blast Betting FAQs
When is Vitality Blast 2021 scheduled?
Vitality Blast 2021 is scheduled from June 9 – Sep 18.
Which are the best bookies for T20 Blast betting?
Vitality Blast 2021 will start on June 9 this year. With that in mind, we have compiled the best bookmakers for T20 Blast betting (also called Vitality Blast betting) in this article. Scroll up to find the complete list.
Off the cuff, we’d pick 10CRIC, Betway, and NetBet as the top bookmakers for Vitality Blast betting. That said, all the other bookies listed on this page offer excellent services, along with competitive T20 Blast betting odds coupled with multiple betting markets.
Where can I watch the English T20 Blast?
In India and across the Indian subcontinent, you can catch all the live action from Vitality Blast 2021 on Star Sports and Hotstar.
Where is the English T20 Blast held?
Like every year, Vitality Blast 2021 will be held across stadia in England and Wales. The last three matches, including the final, will be held in Birmingham.
How do I fund my account for T20 Blast betting?
A rewarding betting experience, to a large extent, depends on the convenience of deposit and withdrawal options. All the bookies listed here in this article offer a raft of safe and easy-to-use betting payment methods, allowing you to deposit funds and withdraw your winnings from T20 Blast betting in a hassle-free and secure environment.
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
As of now, we think Notts Outlaws, Surrey, and Lancashire Lightning are the teams to watch out for in Vitality Blast 2021.
Notts Outlaws will look to successfully defend their 2020 title and are rightly one of the favourites for 2021 too. Though Jake Ball, leading wicket-taker in the 2020 edition of the English T20 Blast, is set to miss a ‘number of games’ because of a back injury, the Nottinghamshire outfit still has trusted lieutenants like Dan Christian and Alex Hales to call upon.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online betting content on the web.