After playing against West Indies in a multi-format series away from home earlier this year, Sri Lanka is set to host the Caribbean cricketers in a two-match Test series starting from 21st November 2021.
Best Betting Sites for Sri Lanka vs West Indies Betting
Sri Lanka vs West Indies Betting: Overview
Sri Lanka and West Indies have already faced each other in a bilateral series held in the Caribbean country earlier this year. The teams played matches across all three formats, and the results clearly favoured the home team. The Tests were a draw, while the ODI and T20 series were won by West Indies 3-0 and 2-1, respectively.
The two-match Test series was earlier scheduled to be played in mid-2022 but was then preponed to be played right after the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
The series is not only vital from the international rankings’ perspective, but will also provide hands-on experience for the upcoming ICC World Test Championship 2021-23 matches that will resume early next year.
Sri Lanka vs West Indies 1st Test Match 2021 is going to be played at the Galle International Cricket Stadium, Colombo starting from 21st November 2021.
|Sri Lanka vs West Indies Test Match Details|
|Date: 21st November 2021|
|Match Time: 1000 Hrs IST|
|Stadium: Galle International Cricket Stadium, Galle|
Sri Lanka vs West Indies Tips & Prediction
After a long dry spell, Sri Lanka and West Indies will desperately be looking for a victory to boost their morale ahead of the ICC World Test Championship starting early next year.
We expect both teams to make changes and put in their best efforts, and predict the match to provide some value betting opportunities. Here are some Sri Lanka vs West Indies betting tips and match prediction insights that you can use to make the most of the betting opportunities that will come your way:
- The Galle pitch is balanced and provides the same advantage to both bowlers and batsmen. Pace dominates in the early overs, but spin takes its place as the match progresses, so our advice will be to look for high-performance spinners.
- Weather reports predict rains during the first match, so place your bets accordingly. There are good chances of the match ending up in a draw.
- Our choice for the best batsman is Angelo Mathews. Not only does he have the home advantage, but he also possesses the experience of facing a wide range of deliveries for a long time, making him an ideal choice for this bet.
- The top bowler bet will be a close contest between Jason Holder and Suranga Lakmal. Both bowlers seem promising in their own ways, but our pick is Jason Holder, mainly because of his lower economy, which is an important factor to consider in Test matches.
- Match Winner: Draw (or Sri Lanka)
- Top Batsman: Angelo Mathews
- Top Bowler: Jason Holder
Schedule for Sri Lanka vs West Indies
|Match||Format||Date||Venue||Start Time||Sri Lanka vs West Indies (1st Test)||Test||21st – 25th November||Galle International Cricket Stadium||10:00 IST|
|Sri Lanka vs West Indies (2nd Test)||Test||29th November- 3rd December||Galle International Cricket Stadium||10:00 IST|
Sri Lanka Squad for Test Series:
West Indies has officially announced a 15-member squad for their overseas tour to Sri Lanka. The team is well-balanced, and there are not many changes from the squad which was played against Sri Lanka in their clash back at home in March 2021.
One big drop from the squad is Kieran Powell, left-handed opening batsman, who was excluded from the series due to his sub-par performance against Pakistan. His place will most likely be filled by Jeremy Solozano, an uncapped player who was recently included in the national team.
In the bowling department, Chemar Holder has been replaced with Shannon Gabriel, while pacer Alzarri Joseph has been replaced with spinner Veerasammy Permaul.
West Indies Squad for Test Series:
- Dimuth Karunaratne: The captain of the ‘Lions’, as the Sri Lankan team is often referred to as, plays the role of an opening batsman. He has scored 5000+ runs in Test cricket, one of the highest scores in the format by a captain in recent times.
He has an average strike rate of 49.74. What sets him apart is the dependability factor. Like most of the good Test batsmen, he has the distinct quality of holding the crease and scoring runs when it is needed the most. He also has a praiseworthy batting record against West Indies, with the highest score of 186 runs.
- Angelo Mathews: One of the senior-most members of the team, Angelo Mathews is somewhat of a legend in the Sri Lankan cricketing circles. The all-rounder has been a constant member of the team across all three formats and holds the distinction of becoming the youngest Sri Lankan captain at the age of just 25 years.
He seamlessly acclimatises to different field situations and can effectively bat anywhere in the middle order. He bats with the right hand and prefers to bowl as a right-handed medium pace bowler. He has a batting strike rate of 48.32 and has the highest Test run score of 200 runs (not out).
- Suranga Lakmal: The right-handed pace bowler is one of the finest bowlers on the Sri Lanka side. Groomed and guided by legends like Chaminda Vaas and Jayawardene, the bowler has shown exceptional potential, especially in long-format cricket.
He has a superb bowling discipline, which along with his unwavering command over the swing, earned him a place in the national team. He is known to deliver deadly yorkers, and he was also one of the key contributors that helped the team win the Test against West Indies earlier this year and secure a draw in the series.
He has taken 167 wickets in his Test career so far and has a bowling economy of just 3.00.
- Kraigg Brathwaite: Captain Kraigg holds the benefit of experience among the rest of the team members. He has more than ten years of experience playing for the national team and has played 70+ Test matches in his career up to now.
Kraigg is an opening batsman and is preferred in Test matches for his patient gameplay. In Test matches, he has an average strike rate of 40.50 and almost a dozen centuries under his belt.
The opening batsman will likely pair with the new entrant, Jeremy Solozano, to begin the innings for the team.
- Kyle Mayers: A left-handed batsman and right-handed medium pace bowler, Kyle Mayers has proved to be a highly-effective all-rounder for the team. He made his Test debut against Bangladesh in February 2021 and smashed a double century (not out), leading the team to victory in the first match itself.
He comes from a cricketing family and possesses natural instincts that make him a promising all-rounder. Mayers has an impeccable Test batting strike rate of 62.70 and can score some quick runs when the team needs it the most.
- Jason Holder: The six and a half feet tall all-rounder holds the top spot in the ICC all-rounder rankings in the Test format. He has also previously captained the team as the youngest ever West Indies captain (he was just 23 years old) and is praised as much for his batting as for his deadly bowling.
Holder is a right-arm pace bowler who is capable of startling batsmen with his steady line and length and has an economy of 2.66. He has a batting strike rate of 58.30 and can be counted on for his reliable and steady batting performance.
Both teams suffered from a performance drought in the recently concluded T20 World Cup and will be looking forward to clinching a win before heading into the next top cricket tournament.
Sri Lanka has played thirteen bilateral series across all the formats this year, out of which it has clearly won only three. West Indies has not outperformed either, winning only four of the thirteen series played this year.
The numbers look pretty unwelcoming from the betting perspective but it is important to consider that most of the losses were by a thin margin for both teams. The teams are going through a performance drought but there have been some tactical changes, like West Indies including an extra spinner, Permaul, to take advantage of the pitch which suits spinners later in the match.
All in all, both teams have been at the top of their games back in the day and know what it takes to deliver a strong performance, and we expect an improvement in their performances during this encounter.
Key Stats for Sri Lanka vs West Indies
Here are some important stats that will help you place the right bets in this match:
- The highest team score on the Galle pitch is 638 runs, scored by Bangladesh against Sri Lanka in 2013. The match ended in a draw.
- The lowest team score on the pitch is 73 runs, scored by South Africa against Sri Lanka in 2018. Sri Lanka won that match.
- A total of 35 matches have been played at the Galle stadium. Sri Lanka won nineteen, six were drawn, and ten were won by the touring teams.
Sri Lanka vs West Indies Historical Data
Test Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||22||Sri Lanka Wins||9|
|West Indies Wins||4|
ODI Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||63||Sri Lanka Wins||29|
|West Indies Wins||21|
T20 Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||15||Sri Lanka Wins||8|
|West Indies Wins||7|
History of Sri Lanka vs West Indies
Sri Lanka and West Indies have faced each other 22 times in Test matches and have won the same number of times, with four matches ending in a draw. Their past encounters do not indicate any clear winner, and bettors will be in suspense as to who will win the match. In a way, such lack of clarity is what adds to the fun of betting!
Sri Lanka vs West Indies Betting FAQs
Which are the best sites for Sri Lanka vs West Indies betting?
Among all the best cricket betting sites listed above, the top three sites for Sri Lanka vs West Indies betting are 10CRIC, 888, and 1xbet. Apart from providing an amazing desktop experience, these sites also offer some of the best cricket betting apps in the market.
When will Sri Lanka vs West Indies take place?
The first Test match between Sri Lanka and West Indies will be played between 21st – 25th November. The match will start at 1000Hrs IST.
Where will it take place?
The match will be played at the Galle International Cricket Stadium in Galle, a city located approximately 120 kms away from Colombo.
Where can I watch Sri Lanka vs West Indies match?
The match can be watched live on Star Sports or be live-streamed on your mobile betting app.
What is the advantage of using mobile apps?
Mobile apps are the future of cricket betting. Apps are easy-to-access and allow you to bet from anywhere at any time. You get several other benefits like one-tap login, exclusive promotions, free bets, and lots more.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.