The second week of the men’s 2021 ICC T20 World Cup is here, and the matches are about to get more intense and exciting. The two teams will be clashing for the first time in the ICC T20 World Cup tournament.
In the following article, we will look into ICC T20 World Cup betting predictions for the India vs Scotland match, key players for both sides, and some betting insights to help you place value bets.
Best Betting Sites for India vs Scotland Betting
India vs Scotland Betting: Overview
This year’s ICC T20 World Cup was originally supposed to be hosted by India, but due to the severe COVID-19 situation in the country, BCCI decided to host the world’s top cricket tournament in UAE and Oman.
The Indian team could not register an ideal start for the tournament as they lost their first two matches against Pakistan and New Zealand. The team will certainly be reviewing its game plan for the upcoming matches.
On the other hand, Scotland showed a stellar performance and won the first three matches consecutively in Round 1 of the tournament. However, the teams lost the next two games against Afghanistan and Oman in the Super 12 Group Stage.
So, from Scotland’s perspective, the match against India will be a crucial one, and the Scottish team will have to win it if they want to stay in the contentions of the Cup.
This match is crucial for India, and they will undoubtedly be looking to recover from the damage inflicted in their first two outings. Scotland is not considered to be one of the strongest cricketing teams, but they have some players who can surprise everyone with their performance this season.
India vs Scotland 2021 ICC T20 World Cup Super-12 Group Stage Match 37 is going to be played at the Dubai International Stadium, Dubai, on the 5th November 2021.
|India vs Scotland ICC T20I World Cup Super-12 Group Stage Match 37||Date: 5th November, 2021|
|Match Time: 19:30 pm (I.S.T.)|
|Stadium: Dubai International Stadium, Dubai|
India vs Scotland Tips & Prediction
This match will be important for both teams, as both sides will be looking to win the game if they want to cement their position on the top of the points table. Technically, India is a stronger team than Scotland; therefore, there are high chances of India defeating Scotland.
However, cricket is a game that can throw up surprises at any moment, so underestimating Scotland would not be a wise choice.
In the below points, we have listed some betting tips and match prediction insights on how the India vs Scotland match can turn out:
1. Virat Kohli and Richie Berrington are our top picks among the batsmen for this match. The Indian captain scored 57 of 49 balls against Pakistan and showed how to play calmly under pressure with classical cricketing shots. Virat Kohli is known for his consistency; we can expect more knocks like these from Kohli in the upcoming matches. His track record in the previous editions of the ICC T20 World cup has been outstanding, and he is currently the fourth-highest run-scorer in these tournaments.
2. While Richie Berrington did get out at a duck against Namibia, he showed great form during the first round. Berrington scored a superb 70 of 49 balls against Papua New Guinea, and scored an unbeaten 31 of 21 balls against Oman. The 34 years old batsman is one of the most experienced batsmen of Scotland and has even scored one T20I century. Berrington has an average of 31.76, which is decent for T20I; we can expect him to perform well against India.
3. Our choice for the player of the match is Virat Kohli.
4. Rohit Sharma is our choice for hitting most boundaries in the match. Currently, Sharma holds the record for hitting most sixes by any Indian in T20Is. Though he isn’t in his best form, Sharma’s performance in the Test series against England proves that he is capable of playing with elegance and equanimity.
5. Safyaan Sharif is one of the bowlers of Scotland that can hurt the Indian batting line up. As of now, Sharif has 58 wickets against his name throughout 50 matches. Another Scottish bowler to look out for is Brad Wheel. The 25 years old in a new addition to the squad, and has bowled some brilliant spells in the first round of the tournament.
6. From the Indian side, Jaspreet Bumrah can give a match-winning performance. Bumrah never goes wrong with his deadly yorkers, and has proved to be one of the most efficient bowlers for India, with an economy of 6.68.
7. The pitch of Dubai International Stadium has witnessed a score in the range of 140 to 160 runs in this tournament. If the dew increases in the second innings, the team that will bowl first might have the upper hand.
8. By looking at both the squads and their experience, our bet is on India for winning the match.
|Player of the Match||Virat Kohli|
|Top Bowler||Jaspreet Bumrah|
India has a strong batting line that includes quality players like KL Rahul, Suryakumar Yadav, and Rohit Sharma, but the bowling department is a little weak. Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Mohammed Shami are good bowlers, but have struggled to bring their A-game to the matches.
Hardik Pandya faced an injury in the first match, and was replaced with Ishan Kishan during the second half of the game. He was played in the second match, but there are good chances that Ishan Kishan might be brought in as a full time replacement in this match as he has displayed a promising performance during the Indian Premier League (IPL). India might also think of adding Shardul Thakur to the team to replace Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
India Squad for 2021 ICC T20 World Cup:
The deliveries made by the fast bowlers don’t have much pace on them, which causes the team to have a weak bowling attack. This year, Scotland brought in ex-English batsman Johnathan Trott as batting coach for the team. It has brought some positive changes in the batting department of the team. The batting line up of the team consists of good finishers like Mattew Cross and Micheal Leask.
As of now, there is no news of any player getting injured. So, we can expect the playing eleven for Scotland to be the same as the previous match.
Scotland Squad for 2021 ICC T20 World Cup
- Virat Kohli: Virat Kohli’s track record speaks for itself. He is a player who has shown consistency across all formats of cricket. In T20I, Kohli had the highest average of 52.72 in T20Is. He also holds the record for the most fours by any Indian in this format. Viral Kohli has 29 T20I fifties registered against his name, with the highest score of 94.
- Rohit Sharma: Rohit Sharma can be said to be one of the most unpredictable players in India. As of now, Sharma has an average of 32.17 and a high score of 118 in T20Is. He holds the record for most centuries by any players in T20 international with four centuries to his name.
Even though he has not performed well in the tournament so far, it will be a big mistake to discount the batsman so early.
He also has serval records to his name in ODIs, like the first player to cross the individual score of 200 more than once and the first player to score more than 250 in ODIs. If he gets into the grove, then even the best bowlers turn out to be expensive.
- Jaspreet Bumrah: Jaspreet Bumrah is one of the most disciplined pacers India currently has. He is known for his consistent bowling and has played a crucial role when other pacers could not hold the fort. His best bowling figure for T20I is three wickets for 11 runs. Jaspreet Bumrah is presently only five wickets away from becoming India’s leading wicket-taker in T20Is. He is a reliable player during the death overs that makes him even more valuable in formats like T20.
- Richie Berrington: As mentioned earlier, Richie Berrington has shown good performance during the first round of the tournament. His average says a lot about his batting abilities. Berrington has smashed six fifties in T20Is, one of which in this tournament. The veteran Scottish batsmen can be expected to be in the top form again as this will be a do-or-die game for his team.
- George Munsey: George Munsey is another key batsman of Scotland who can perform well against India. Munsey’s highest T20I score is a sweet unbeaten 127 in 56 balls against Netherland, and he has a total of half-centuries to his name.
George Munsey has a batting average of 28.06, which is not so good. But his performance in the tournament has been adequate. As the opening batsman, Munsey has the potential to give his team the desired start to an innings.
- Safyaan Sharif: Safyaan Sharif is one of the pacers of Scotland. He has taken a four-wicket haul twice in the T20 international, and his best bowling figures are four wickets for 24 runs. Sharif’s economic rate is 8.08 and during the match against two wickets for 33 runs against Afghanistan. He also took one wicket in the game against Namibia. While Sharif’s performance in the tournament has not been his career-best, the wickets in the last two matches certainly would have boosted his confidence.
The stakes are high for both the teams, especially for Scotland. If they want to stay in this tournament, winning this game is a must.
India has an upper edge over Scotland, as the players have experience playing some of the best cricket teams like Australia, New Zealand, and England. Though the team started the tournament on the wrong foot, it is possible that things might come India’s way in the following matches.
Scotland will be playing this game under immense pressure. The Scottish players rarely get the chance to play against cricket giants like India. The morale of the team might also be down due to the consecutive loss in the previous games. But the same can be said for India, so mentally, both teams can be said to be on the same page.
Key Stats for India vs Scotland
- India and Scotland have both lost their first two matches in the Super-12 stage.
- Both teams have not won the toss in the two matches.
- India batted first both times, while Scotland batted once and bowled the other time.
- Scotland scored its highest T20 total of 252 runs against the Netherlands at Dublin in 2019. Scotland’s lowest score is 60 runs against Afghanistan, in the ongoing World Cup 2021.
- India scored its highest T20 total of 260 runs against Sri Lanka at Indore in 2017. India’s lowest score in T20s is 74 runs against Australia in 2008.
India vs Scotland Historical Data
T20 Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||1||India Wins||0|
|Draws/ No Result||1|
ODI Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||1||India Wins||1|
|Draws/ No Result||0|
History of India vs Scotland
As Scotland is not one of the strongest sides in cricket, the Indian cricket board rarely organizes any tours. Even if the BCCI decides to play Scotland, they send the secondary Indian team called ‘India A’, which mostly has newbies and less experienced players.
The last encounter of India A with Scotland was during India A tour of England and Scotland. Both the teams played two matches during the tour, and both of them won one game against each other.
India vs Scotland Betting FAQs
Which are the best sites for India vs Scotland betting?
Some of the best cricket betting sites for this match are 10CRIC, bet365, and Sportsbet.io. It is an excellent opportunity for betters as the odds of India winning this match are pretty high.
When will India vs Scotland take place?
The match will be taking place on the 5th of November at 7:30 pm (IST).
Where will it take place?
The venue of the match is Dubai International Stadium, Dubai.
Where can I watch India vs Scotland?
The match will be broadcasted by Start sports and can also be live streamed on betting apps.
Do mobile betting apps provide the same features as mobile websites?
Mobile betting apps are the future of online betting and bookmakers are investing significant resources to build sleek and powerful betting apps. Most of the best cricket betting apps offer the same bundle of features that are offered by the websites. Some websites also go to the extent of providing exclusive benefits, such as free bets and bonuses that are available only on apps.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.