Finally! The ICC T20 World Cup 2021 is almost here. The action starts on October 17, and the final is scheduled on November 14. So from squads and team previews to the best odds and our experts’ predictions, this is your comprehensive guide to ICC T20 World Cup betting.
Top 10 ICC T20 World Cup Betting Sites
Recommended ICC T20 World Cup Betting Sites
ICC T20 World Cup Betting Outright Odds
|Team||Odds||ICC T20 World Cup Betting Site||India||3.00||Betway|
|Papua New Guinea||1001.00||William Hill|
New Zealand v Afghanistan Winner Betting Odds
New Zealand v Australia Winner Betting Odds
To Reach The Final Odds
ICC T20 World Cup 2021: An Overview
Ranking among the top cricket tournaments in the world, the ICC T20 World Cup returns in its seventh instalment this year, and will be played in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Oman. The tournament was initially supposed to be held in India, but it was later shifted to the two Gulf countries in the backdrop of the ongoing pandemic in India.
Of course, there’s a range of T20 leagues and tournaments across the globe, including the Indian Premier League. Naturally, there are multiple wagering avenues, including IPL betting, the Big Bash League, PSL, and the English T20 Blast. However, nothing quite beats the nationalistic fervour of a World Cup, and that’s precisely why ICC T20 World Cup betting is in a league of its own.
When Will ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Start?
- The ICC T20 World Cup 2021 will be played from October 17 to November 14. Probably the most awaited clash will be the India vs. Pakistan match on October 24.
- All the matches will be played in the UAE and Oman. So, there’s technically no home advantage for any team, except for Oman, of course (as the UAE didn’t qualify).
- 16 teams that will play a combined 45 matches for a shot at the coveted title.
- 16 have already qualified based on their ICC T20 rankings. These are:
- New Zealand
- West Indies
- South Africa
- The tournament has been split into two rounds. Four teams will qualify from their Round 1 matches to progress to the Super 12s.
- The Super 12 is scheduled to begin on October 23. It will comprise 30 matches to be played by the eight teams (that have already qualified based on their ICC T20 rankings) and the top four teams from Round 1.
- These 12 teams have been split into two groups of six each.
- The two semi-finals will be played on November 10 and 11, and the all-important ICC World Cup 2021 final on November 14.
- You will find the entire ICC T20 World Cup 2021 schedule here on Cricbuzz.
– Group 1: England, Australia, West Indies, South Africa, Group A Winner, Group B Runner-up
– Group 2: India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Afghanistan, Group A Runner-up, Group B Winner
ICC T20 World Cup in a Snapshot
- Administrator: ICC
- Format: T20 international
- First edition: 2007
- Inaugural champion: India
- Latest edition: 2016
- This edition: 2021 (7th instalment)
- Number of teams: 16
- Tournament format: Super 12 followed by playoffs
- Current champion: West Indies (2nd title)
- Most successful: West Indies (champions in 2012 and 2016)
- Website: t20worldcup.com
India vs. Pakistan Betting Odds
This is THE MATCH people have been aching for. Arch-rivals India and Pakistan clash at the grandest stage of the shortest format of the game, and ICC T20 World Cup betting barely gets any better than this. It will be a battle of equally- matched cricketers – the Indian team led by Virat Kohli and Pakistan by Babar Azam.
ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Teams
We have only included the top 8 teams that have directly qualified for the Super 12s. In all honesty, these teams have a realistic chance at winning the T20 World Cup 2021, but of course, take this with a pinch of salt since anything is possible in sports.
- The champions of the inaugural edition of the T20 World Cup have reserves of experience of performing under high-pressure situations, and a lot of that goes to the IPL.
- Plus, any team with the likes of Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah, Rishabh Pant, Ravindra Jadeja, and KL Rahul are a force to reckon with.
- That said, one would think India’s middle-order is not at its strongest at this point, with Kohli not among the runs. He is also probably not the most astute of skippers in the world, unlike Kane Williamson of New Zealand.
But that doesn’t take anything away from the Men in Blue, as they undoubtedly have the chops to become two-time champions. And that reflects in Team India’s ICC T20 World Cup betting odds.
- If we were to go by current stats, we’d hands down root for New Zealand to win the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- The Kiwis are sitting pretty at the top of the ICC ODI and Test rankings and 3rd in the ICC T20 rankings.
- Unfortunately, they’ve never been able to reach the finals of any T20 World Cup till now, but we believe all that could change this time around.
Bookies have given the Kane Williamson-led NZ team odds of 7.00 for the ICC T20 World Cup betting. But we think it isn’t an accurate assessment of the Kiwi camp; that is, they’re much better than that.
What can you possibly say about them?
- The West Indies team always seems to be in turmoil, but come the T20 format, and they are able to turn the corner almost all the time. Let’s not forget, they’re the only two-time champions (and the reigning title-holders) in the short history of this competition.
- There’s no dearth of explosive, fearless batters in the Caribbean, and that’s precisely what you need in your arsenal to win the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- They have reached the finals on two occasions, winning one in 2010 and losing the other in 2016, all thanks to the heroics of West Indian Carlos Braithwaite.
- England has since won the 2019 ODI World Cup, and will be counting on players who delivered that victory to come up trumps this time around.
- England bat deep and have a solid bowling line-up as well, making them a strong contender for the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- There is no dearth of quality players in the Aussie dugout, but they must defy their poor record in this competition if they have to win the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- Australia has made only one final in 2010, eventually losing to England.
- The team has been struggling with form in recent times.
- Sure, Aaron Finch and his men have the firepower but probably not the hunger for the trophy. We don’t see them winning the competition.
- Apart from captain Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, and Hasan Ali, the Pakistan team comprises predominantly fresh faces. So, this isn’t a vintage team, really.
- However, never rule out the ever-unpredictable Pakistan when it comes to T20 cricket. It would be typical of them to unleash on the grand stage a couple of demon fast bowlers and beat all odds to have a decent run in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- Fielding has always been their Achilles’ heel, and we don’t see any change in that department. The experienced Hafeez and Azam will have to make everybody rally behind them as a cohesive unit.
- Pakistan is a one-time champion, winning the tournament in 2009, defeating Sri Lanka.
- A massive upside of the IPL is that it has put Afghanistan on the international cricket map. Sure, they don’t have the depth like other teams, but they have a few players who are currently among the best in the shortest format.
- The talismanic Rashid Khan is one of the best spinners in T20 cricket right now, while skipper Mohammad Nabi is the second-best all-rounder in this format.
- Riding on the back of impressive performances of late, Afghanistan directly entered into the Super 12s, and that must have filled cricket enthusiasts’ hearts with joy.
- They’re a spin-heavy unit, so they will have their work cut out in the pace department.
- We expect the Afghans to put up a good show in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- Starting with the most crucial info, AB de Villiers is not coming out of retirement for the ICC T20 World Cup 2021, So South Africa will be bereft of the superstar’s unassailable batting prowess.
- The Proteas have never made a final in the competition, and we don’t expect any reversal in fortunes.
- Much will depend on wk-batsman Quinton de Kock. He’s a major cog in the South African wheel, and the dressing room will expect big things from him.
- Kagiso Rabada and Lungi Ngidi are undoubtedly among the best new-ball pairs in the world right now, plus the two are sharp on the field as well.
- Newly-appointed captain Temba Bavuma is the team's batting mainstay. He has the ability to score big runs when he gets going.
- The 32-year-old Rassie van der Dussen averages a handsome 36.00 in T20s, with five 50s and a strike rate of 134.76. He will lend solidity to the middle order.
- All said, we think South Africa will have to play out of their skin and defy the ‘chokers’ tag if they have to go past the semi-finals. Tough road, we reckon.
ICC T20 World Cup Betting Tips and Predictions
Conduct research before placing your bets. We have compiled the top 8 websites with a reputation for making the best cricket prediction in the world. You can always turn to them for research-backed cricket betting tips and expert cricket analysis.
Follow team news, H2H records, stats, and players’ performance to stay on top of the game and turn a profit with ICC T20 World Cup betting. You will find all of that and more on the top-rated live cricket score apps like Cricbuzz and ESPNcricinfo.
If you’re betting on individual outright markets like the Top Batsman or Top Bowler, wager on players whose teams have a realistic chance of progressing to the business end of the competition.
For example, Rashid Khan is every bookie’s fancy in the Top Bowler market (and with good reason too). But before putting your money on him, think over whether Afghanistan can make it to the semi-finals. Because if they don’t, then bowlers from other teams will get that extra window to pick up more wickets than Khan.
ICC T20 World Cup Betting Markets
|Market||Description||T20 World Cup Betting Site||Outright Winner||Bet on which team you think will win the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.||10CRIC|
|Match Winner||Bet on which team you think will win a particular match. Factors to consider here are players’ performance, H2H records, and stats.||Betway|
|Top Batsman (Outright)||Bet on the batter you think will finish the tournament with the most runs under his belt.||bet365|
|Top Batsman (Individual)||Bet on the batsman you think will score the highest runs in a particular game.||10CRIC|
|Top Bowler (Outright)||Bet on the bowler you think will finish the tournament with the most wickets.||bet365|
|Top Bowler (Individual)||Bet on the bowler you think will take the most wickets in a particular game.||Dafabet|
|Most 6s||Bet on the batsman/team that could hit the most 6s in a particular game.||Betway|
|Man of the Match||Predict the player who will be adjudged the ‘man of the match’. Remember this market is applicable to bowlers, fielders, and batters.||Betway|
|Method of 1st Dismissal||Bet on how the first wicket in the game would fall. Usually, there are five methods of dismissal – LBW, Caught, Bowled, Run-out, Stumped.||Dafabet|
|Draw No Bet||Relatively safe betting market where your stake gets refunded if the match ends in a draw.||bet365|
|U/O 'X' Runs/Wickets||Bet on whether the total runs scored/wickets taken would be over or under the limit provided by the bookie.||Betway|
*Please remember that this is not an exhaustive list. There could be several other T20 World Cup betting markets on offer depending on the bookmaker.
ICC T20 World Cup: Past Winners
Knowing which teams have lifted the coveted trophy in the past helps with some perspective you want for ICC T20 World Cup betting. Then again, remember that while records and stats are important, they aren’t really the best markers for future performance.
|2012||West Indies||Sri Lanka|
Current ICC T20 Rankings
Here are the latest ICC T20 rankings ahead of the T20 World Cup 2021. Only the top 10 teams have been included in the list.
Live ICC T20 World Cup Betting
From a cricket betting perspective, the thrill need not end at the toss or when the bowler runs in to bowl the first delivery of the match. In fact, it could just be the opposite if you want to try live betting on the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
Over and above the pre-match markets, all bookies we recommend also offer in-play T20 World Cup betting. Usually, live betting markets are under a dedicated ‘live’ section on the betting website.
With live betting, the fun doesn’t stop until the last wicket is taken or the winning runs are scored. Of course, this applies to almost all kinds of betting markets, for example, top batsman, top bowler, batsman to score a 50, or total runs in the next over.
Check out the leading in-play cricket betting sites in India.
Advantages of In-play ICC T20 World Cup Betting
- Join the action later and bet on a T20 World Cup 2021 match if you didn’t wager earlier.
- Follow live action before placing your bet. Account for the wicket (if it’s batting- or bowling-friendly), players’ performance, changing weather conditions, and if the game is a high-scoring one. Simply said, live betting allows you to place an informed bet.
- Use your learning to one-up the bookmaker. Suppose you know that West Indies are better at chasing than putting up a target on the board. Then, you might want to put your money on them when they’re chasing a total, and alternatively, back the opposition should West Indies be batting first.
ICC T20 World Cup Betting FAQs
When does the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 start?
The tournament kicks off on October 17. However, the business end of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 starts on October 23, when the Super 12s begin. The final will be played on November 14.
Did the 2020 ICC T20 World Cup get cancelled?
Yes. Australia was supposed to host the ICC T20 World Cup 2020. But due to the raging pandemic last year, the tournament got canned and postponed to 2022.
If it was shifted to 2022, what’s with the ICC T20 World Cup 2021?
The ICC T20 World Cup 2021 was always scheduled for this year. The 2022 edition is the eighth instalment of the tournament, whereas the one in 2021 is the seventh instalment. However, the venue for this year was shifted from India to the UAE and Oman due to the ongoing pandemic in the country.
What are the best ICC T20 World Cup betting sites?
We have already listed the bookies we recommend for ICC T20 World Cup betting higher up in this article. However, if you were to ask us to single out the top five, we’d go with bet365, 10CRIC, Betway, Dafabet, and 1xBet.
Which are the strongest sides heading into the ICC T20 World Cup 2021?
Now that is a tricky one. In all fairness, India are deservedly the favourites going into the tournament. But mind you, the Men in Blue haven’t won a single ICC tournament since the 2013 Champions Trophy. The lack of silverware here is the elephant in the room, and Virat and his boys will have their work cut out.
Off the top our head, we reckon West Indies (they’re the only two-time champions), New Zealand (the Kiwis are a capable side with a skilled, astute skipper in Kane Williamson), England, and India are the teams to back.
Where can I watch the ICC T20 World Cup 2021?
In India, the tournament will be aired live on the Star Sports network and the Disney + Hotstar platform. Moreover, you can live stream matches on select ICC T20 World Cup betting sites too. Just make sure they feature among the top-ranked live cricket streaming sites like bet365 and Parimatch.
Can I bet live on the ICC T20 World Cup 2021?
Yes, you can. We have listed the best in-play cricket betting sites in the article.
Can I get a bonus for ICC T20 World Cup betting?
Yes, absolutely. Bookmakers offer a raft of bonuses and other offers on their platforms, which you can use to beef up winnings. We have compiled the most lucrative no deposit bonuses and free bets, so do check it out.
Can I use my mobile for ICC T20 World Cup betting?
Definitely. All leading sports bookies offer some of the best cricket betting apps for Android and iOS devices. Even if a bookie doesn’t have a dedicated betting app, you can bank on it to have a mobile-optimised website, which you can easily access from your mobile and bet on the go.
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
We hope this ICC T20 World Cup betting guide helps you choose winning selections and take home a profit. The fundamental idea in sports betting is to find value in the odds you’re wagering on. Otherwise, there’s no point, really. Therefore, it’s imperative that you put in your research, compare odds, and then place your money on your preferred selection.
All the bookies listed in this article are safe and licensed by leading regulatory bodies like the Malta Gaming Authority and UKGC. Your hard-earned money is totally safe with them. So, all you have to do is choose from the best betting payment methods, fund your account, and wager on competitive odds on the ICC T20 World Cup betting market of your choice.
Oh, just in case we haven’t emphasised this enough, please bet responsibly.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.