The greatest way to conduct West Indies vs South Africa betting is at the best cricket betting sites. These bookies offer the best betting payment methods, awesome odds, and loads of markets for West Indies vs South Africa betting.
Top 5 Betting Sites for West Indies vs South Africa Betting
|West Indies vs South Africa Match Details||Date: 10th – 14th June|
|Day: Thursday - Monday|
|Match Time: 19:30 IST|
|Toss Time: 19:00 IST|
|Stadium: Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, Saint Lucia|
After a rocky 12-months filled with much uncertainty regarding the future of many top cricket tournaments during this pandemic, the West Indies and South Africa will finally face off in June. The pandemic and political uncertainty in South Africa – almost resulting in sanctions against Cricket South Africa – resulted in several rescheduling of this series and it was thought it would be postponed indefinity.
South Africa has famously been the more dominant side between the two over the few decades they have faced each other. However, both nations are on a great run of form this year and the West Indies have shown particular prowess in the T20 realm.
West Indies vs South Africa will begin with the 1st Test Match at the Daren Sammy Cricket ground, Saint Lucia on the 10th of June 2021.
West Indies vs South Africa Betting Odds
With a few weeks remaining before this series begins, it appears bookies are still developing their odds for West Indies vs South Africa betting. Understandable, considering the West Indies have yet to announce their test series and have only named a provisional T20 line-up at this stage.
We’ll update this section as soon as possible.
Schedule for West Indies vs South Africa
|Match||Format||Date||Venue||Start Time||West Indies vs South Africa (1st test)||Test||10th – 14th June||Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, Saint Lucia||19:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (2nd test)||Test||18th – 22nd June||Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, Saint Lucia||19:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (1st T20I)||T20||26th June||National Cricket Stadium, Grenada||23:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (2nd T20I)||T20||27th June||National Cricket Stadium, Grenada||23:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (3rd T20I)||T20||29th June||National Cricket Stadium, Grenada||23:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (4th T20I)||T20||1st July||National Cricket Stadium, Grenada||23:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (5th T20I)||T20||3rd July||National Cricket Stadium, Grenada||23:30 IST|
The West Indies have only announced a provisional T20 squad so far and punters are eagerly awaiting the naming of the test squad. We’ve also noted that Jason Holder was rested from some pre-series training matches.
West Indies Squad for Tests
West Indies Squad for T20
In March, Cricket South Africa announced that Dean Elgar would replace Quinton de Kock as test captain and that Temba Bavuma would take on Vice-Captain duties in the test format and skipper the limited-overs team.
South Africa Squad for Tests
South Africa Squad for T20
When conducting West Indies vs South Africa betting at the best cricket betting sites during this tournament, it pays to know about a few of the key players. Each side has a few stand-out players who are good chances of offering very high performances during the West Indies vs South Africa series.
Strong bravado, power hitting, and ruthless bowling – the West Indies feature some players that hark back to the West Indies of old.
- Chris Gayle – When it comes to T20 lethality, there are very few men that can stand next to the prolific power-hitting might of this Windies legend! Gayle holds the title of highest T20 innings ever at 175* and the Proteas surely won’t forget his monstrous 117* against them in 2007.
- Jason Holder – South Africa has some serious talent to content within Jason Holder, the 2019 world’s number 1 test all-rounder. Holder has yet to truly be tested against South Africa but with 123 test wickets at 27.41 and a double-ton under his belt, big things can be expected!
- Keiron Pollard – Six 6s in a row! This man is one of only three others to complete this feat in an international over. Pollard has the potential to end a T20 match in an instant.
The Proteas are ranked 5th in the world for both Test match and ODIs while ranked 6th in T20s. South Africa has lost some of the dominance it gained since 2014 when they were considered the best team in the world.
- Temba Bavuma – This talented batsman was raised in an intense cricket culture and is the first black African player to score a Test century for South Africa. Whilst primarily a test player, his T20 form has developed and is definitely a batsman that could run away from the Windies if he hits his stride!
- Dean Elgar – This is Elgar’s first test series as skipper and will no doubt have something to prove. Am opening batsman with a history of sticking it out until the end, Elgar is one of only two batsmen to carry his bat in a test innings on three separate occasions! This is a man who doesn’t like to be dismissed and will be sure to make sure the West Indian bowlers work incredibly hard for his wicket.
- Kagiso Rabada – This young man has racked up some impressive rankings at the start of his career – such as Best ICC Bowler at 22 years old – and became the youngest player to take 150 wickets in test matches. This quick is more than just a test bowler too. Rabada was the highest wicket-taker of the 2020 IPL season with 30 wickets in 17 matches.
Unfortunately in this current climate, not a huge amount of cricket has been played by either side. However, what cricket has been played this year has shown that both nations have showcased some winning and positive form.
South Africa has participated in only one test series this year with a match slog against Sri Lanka. The Proteas convincingly won the series 2 – 0 with a particular crushing victory in the first test in which South Africa won by an innings and 45 runs. Test squad members Lungi Ngidi and Anrich Nortje were particularly destructive with the ball – taking 7 and 11 wickets respectively throughout the series – whilst soon-to-be skipper, Elgar lead from the front with 253 runs, including a 127 in the final match.
However, the same cannot be said about South Africa’s T20 form. In their last T20 series, ahead of the Windies tour, the Proteas lost 3 – 1 to Pakistan in South Africa!
The West Indies have played in 2 test series this year but with notably less dominance than South Africa. A 2 – 0 victory over Bangladesh in February were close battles whilst a 2-match series against Sri Lanka in March ended in 2 draws. In Twenty20 internationals, however, the Windies defeated Sri Lanka 2 – 1 in March – showing great form running into their 5-match clash with South Africa. Fabian Allen was particularly impressive with 20 runs off only 6 balls to clinch the final match.
Pitch Conditions & Analysis
Sure these two teams are quality cricket-playing nations but punters shouldn’t underestimate the importance of pitch conditions and how matches play out at various cricket grounds. Don’t worry – we have you covered. Here is our analysis of the two grounds that the West Indies will host South Africa at during this exciting series.
Daren Sammy Cricket Ground
The Daren Sammy Cricket Ground has a reputation as quite a batsman’s paradise and has seen some pretty fantastic displays with the willow. Australia was able to pull off a tremendous 197-run chase during the 2010 World T20 Semi-Finals and the West Indies average over 3 runs per over in test matches.
Expect the wicket to do a little early, but become comfortable as the match wears on. We’ll most likely see the toss-winner choosing to bat first on this wicket.
National Cricket Stadium
Formerly known as Queen’s Park and renowned for its baseball-like appearance with a pitch that is elongated towards the pavilion end. Only one T20 match has actually been played at this ground but South Africa has played 4 ODIs at the National Cricket Stadium. Of those 4 matches, South Africa has won 3 times. Like Saint Lucia, Grenada certainly favours the batsmen and bowlers will have to work hard to contain either side's explosive batting potential.
West Indies vs South Africa Tips & Prediction
We know how important betting tips and match prediction insights can influence a winning bet. Knowing whether de Cock likes the short ball, or South Africa’s form against pace and bounce could be the key to your perfect Acca bet! So to help you out, we have gone ahead and provided our prediction on how the first match and series will play out.
- Chris Gayle for top run-scorer in T20I – We expect this player's form and experience to triumph above all other batsmen.
- South Africa to win test series 2 – 0 – South Africa’s history and recent test form are hard to beat here. Elgar will be looking to impress in his first test leadership series and has the bowling line-up to match his own impressive batting form.
- West Indies to win T20I series – We think the home field advantage and the sheer power batting potential of the West Indian team will carry them to some decisive victories.
As odds and markets are still becoming available for this series, we’ll be sure to update this section further shortly. We have made some picks for common bets in the 1st test, based on the player's form and history going into this series.
|Market||Bet||Match Winner||South Africa|
|Top Bowler||Anrich Nortje|
|Top Batsman||Dean Elgar|
Key Stats for West Indies vs South Africa
Cricket lovers are real badgers when it comes to their favourite game – and every cricket badger loves statistics. To help fuel your West Indies vs South Africa betting strategy, here are a few interesting statics about these two teams.
- Of 8 test series, South Africa has beaten the West Indies 7 times.
- Chris Gayle is the highest run-scorer between these two sides in T20 matches. Significantly higher than any other player in this series with 307 runs from only 7 matches.
- Leadership will be an interesting factor in this series. Neither Temba Bavuma, Dean Elgar, or Keiron Pollard have faced each other as skippers before in T20 or Test matches.
West Indies vs South Africa Historical Data
Sometimes the numbers can tell the truest of stories. Looking back at historical data between these two sides, there is some clear dominance by South Africa – especially in ODIs and test match cricket.
Recent Winners – Test Series
|Year||Winner||Margin||2014/15||South Africa||2 - 0 (3)|
|2010||South Africa||2 – 0 (3)|
|2007/08||South Africa||2 – 1 (3)|
Test Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||28||West Indies Wins||3|
|South Africa Wins||18|
T20 Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||10||West Indies Wins||4|
|South Africa Wins||6|
ODI Series: Head-To-Head Record
These two teams have a rather lengthy ODI history with some notable dominance by the Proteas with a 70%-win rate over the West Indies.
|Total Matches||62||West Indies Wins||15|
|South Africa Wins||44|
History of West Indies vs South Africa
While South Africa played Australia, England, and New Zealand right up until the 1060s they didn’t get to face the West Indies until 1992, owing to an ICC banning during the countries period of apartheid policy. The West Indies won that test and several years later the Sir Vivian Richards Trophy tournaments began, the series that to this day sees the West Indies and South Africa face off in a multitude of test matches.
With the exception of that first test match, South Africa has won every test series against the West Indies, while in ODI matches, South Africa has dominated further with 44 wins to the West Indies 15 wins. That doesn’t mean South Africa hasn’t faced some stiff competition over the years – for example, in 2005, a young Chris Gayle took the Proteas to the cleaners with an utterly monstrous 317 from 438 balls!
West Indies vs South Africa Betting FAQs
Which are the Best Sites for West Indies vs South Africa Betting?
When it comes to wagering on the Windies or South Africa, there are so many amazing choices available to Indian punters. However, we think 10CRIC, Betway, and bet365 are 3 of the very best betting sites in India.
When Will West Indies vs South Africa Take Place?
The battle between the West Indies and South Africa will kick off on the 10th of June with the first test in Saint Lucia. The series will conclude on the 3rd of July with the final of 5 T20 Internationals.
Where Will It Take Place?
The series will be played in the West Indies with the 2 test matches being played at the Daren Sammy Cricket ground in Saint Lucia and the 5 T20I’s all taking place at the National Cricket Stadium, Grenada.
Where Can I Watch West Indies vs South Africa?
FanCode snapped up the exclusive rights to broadcast West Indian cricket in India. Some bookies, like bet365, provide Indian punters with live streaming of cricket matches too. So be sure to check with your app closer to the date to see if you can stream the series while placing live bets!
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
The best West Indies vs South Africa betting experience can only be had at top bookies and on the best cricket betting apps online. Whether watching on FanCode or cricket live streaming via your favourite betting platform, this series is sure to be a punter's dream!
Be sure to check out our West Indies vs South Africa prediction for educated insight into how this series will unfold and don’t forget to always bet responsibly!
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online betting content on the web.