Looking for the best cricket betting sites that offer West Indies vs South Africa betting? The bookies we have listed on this page offer all this and more, including the best betting payment methods, awesome odds, and loads of markets for West Indies vs South Africa betting.
Best Betting Sites for West Indies vs South Africa Betting
Top 5 Betting Sites for West Indies vs South Africa Betting
|West Indies vs South Africa Match Details||Date: 1st July|
|Match Time: 23:30 IST|
|Toss Time: 23:00 IST|
|Stadium: National Cricket Stadium|
After a rocky 12 months filled with much uncertainty regarding the future of many top cricket tournaments, the West Indies and South Africa will finally face off in June. The pandemic and political uncertainty in South Africa – almost resulting in sanctions against Cricket South Africa – resulted in several rescheduling of this series, and at one point, it was thought it would be postponed indefinitely.
South Africa has famously been the more dominant side between the two over the few decades they have faced each other. However, both nations are on a great run of form this year, and the West Indies have shown particular prowess in the T20 realm.
Schedule for West Indies vs South Africa
|Match||Format||Date||Venue||Start Time||West Indies vs South Africa (1st test)||Test||10th – 14th June||Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, Saint Lucia||19:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (2nd test)||Test||18th – 22nd June||Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, Saint Lucia||19:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (1st T20I)||T20||26th June||National Cricket Stadium, Grenada||23:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (2nd T20I)||T20||27th June||National Cricket Stadium, Grenada||23:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (3rd T20I)||T20||29th June||National Cricket Stadium, Grenada||23:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (4th T20I)||T20||1st July||National Cricket Stadium, Grenada||23:30 IST|
|West Indies vs South Africa (5th T20I)||T20||3rd July||National Cricket Stadium, Grenada||23:30 IST|
Below are the T20 squads announced for the West Indies and South Africa.
West Indies Squad for T20
In March, Cricket South Africa announced that Dean Elgar would replace Quinton de Kock as Test captain, and that Temba Bavuma would take on Vice-Captain duties in the Test format and be the skipper for the limited-overs team.
South Africa Squad for T20
Both the West Indies and South Africa have a few stand-out players who you should definitely take into account for your West Indies vs South Africa betting picks. We've listed a few of them below.
Filled to the brim with power hitting and ruthless bowling, the West Indies' squad features some truly standout players. Here are a few names to keep in mind:
- Chris Gayle – When it comes to T20 lethality, there are very few men that can stand up to the prolific power-hitting might of this Windies legend! Gayle holds the title of highest T20 innings ever at 175*, and the Proteas surely won’t forget his monstrous 117* against them in 2007.
- Jason Holder – South Africa has some serious talent to contend with in Jason Holder, the 2019 world’s number 1 Test all-rounder. Holder has yet to truly be tested against South Africa, but with 123 Test wickets at 27.41 and a double-ton under his belt, we can expect great things!
- Keiron Pollard – Six 6s in a row! This man is one of only three others to complete this feat in an international over. Pollard has the potential to end a T20 match in an instant.
The Proteas are ranked 5th in the world for both Test match and ODIs, while ranked 6th in T20s. However, South Africa has lost some of the dominance it gained in 2014, back when they were considered the best team in the world.
- Temba Bavuma – This talented batsman was raised in an intense cricket culture, and is the first black African player to score a Test century for South Africa. Whilst primarily a Test player, his T20 form has developed considerably, and is definitely a batsman that could run away from the Windies if he hits his stride!
- Dean Elgar – This is Elgar’s first Test series as skipper, meaning he will no doubt have something to prove. An opening batsman with a history of sticking it out until the end, Elgar is one of only two of his kind to carry his bat in a test innings on three separate occasions! This is a player who doesn’t like to be dismissed, and will make sure that the West Indian bowlers work incredibly hard for his wicket.
- Kagiso Rabada – This young player has racked up some impressive rankings at the start of his career – such as Best ICC Bowler at 22 years old – and became the youngest player to take 150 wickets in Test matches. Rabada is more than just a Test bowler too – he was the highest wicket-taker of the 2020 IPL season, with 30 wickets in 17 matches.
Due to the current climate, not a huge amount of cricket has been played by either side this year. However, what little has been played has shown that both nations have showcased some promising form.
South Africa has participated in only one Test series this year, with a match slog against Sri Lanka. The Proteas convincingly won the series 2 – 0 with a particular crushing victory in the first Test, in which South Africa won by an innings and 45 runs. Test squad members Lungi Ngidi and Anrich Nortje were particularly destructive with the ball – taking 7 and 11 wickets respectively throughout the series – whilst soon-to-be skipper, Elgar, lead from the front with 253 runs, including a 127 in the final match.
However, the same cannot be said about South Africa’s T20 form. In their last T20 series, ahead of the Windies tour, the Proteas lost 3 – 1 to Pakistan in South Africa itself!
The West Indies have played in 2 Test series this year, but with notably less dominance than South Africa. A 2-0 victory over Bangladesh in February saw close battles take place, whilst a two-match series against Sri Lanka in March ended in two draws. In Twenty20 internationals, however, the Windies defeated Sri Lanka 2-1 in March, showing great form running into their five-match clash with South Africa. Fabian Allen was particularly impressive, with 20 runs off only 6 balls to clinch the final match.
Pitch Conditions & Analysis
Punters should never underestimate the importance of pitch conditions and how matches have played out in the past at various cricket grounds. Below is our analysis of the two grounds where the West Indies will host South Africa during this exciting series.
Daren Sammy Cricket Ground (Saint Lucia)
The Daren Sammy Cricket Ground has a reputation as a batsman’s paradise, and has seen some pretty fantastic cricketing displays. Australia was able to pull off a tremendous 197-run chase during the 2010 World T20 Semi-Finals, and the West Indies average over three runs per over in Test matches.
We’ll most likely see the toss-winner choosing to bat first.
National Cricket Stadium (Grenada)
Formerly known as Queen’s Park, this stadium is renowned for its baseball-like appearance, with a pitch that is elongated towards the pavilion end. While only one T20 match has actually been played at this ground, South Africa has played 4 ODIs here too, three of which they managed to win. Like Saint Lucia, Grenada certainly favours the batsmen, and bowlers will have to work hard to contain either side's explosive batting potential.
West Indies vs South Africa Tips & Prediction
Betting tips and match prediction insights can greatly increase your chances of winning your bets. Knowing whether de Cock likes the short ball or having an understanding of South Africa’s form against pace and bounce could be the key to your acca bet coming through! To help you out, we have gone ahead and provided our predictions below on how the first match and series will play out.
- Chris Gayle for Top Run-Scorer in T20I – We expect this player's form and experience to triumph above all other batsmen.
- South Africa to Win Test Series 2-0 – South Africa’s history and recent Test form are hard to beat here. Elgar will be looking to impress in his first Test leadership series, and has the bowling line-up to match his own impressive batting form.
- West Indies to Win T20I Series – We think the home field advantage and the sheer power batting potential of the West Indian team will carry them to some decisive victories.
Key Stats for West Indies vs South Africa
To help fuel your West Indies vs South Africa betting strategy, here are a few interesting statics about these two teams.
- Out of 8 Test series, South Africa has beaten the West Indies 7 times.
- Chris Gayle is the highest run-scorer of these two sides in T20 matches – significantly higher than any other player in this series, in fact, with 307 runs from only 7 matches.
- Leadership will be an interesting factor in this series. Neither Temba Bavuma, Dean Elgar, or Keiron Pollard have faced each other as skippers before in T20 or Test matches.
West Indies vs South Africa Historical Data
Sometimes the numbers can tell the truest of stories. Looking back at historical data between these two sides, there is clear dominance by South Africa – especially in ODIs and Test match cricket.
Recent Winners – Test Series
|Year||Winner||Margin||2014/15||South Africa||2 - 0 (3)|
|2010||South Africa||2 – 0 (3)|
|2007/08||South Africa||2 – 1 (3)|
Test Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||28||West Indies Wins||3|
|South Africa Wins||18|
T20 Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||11||West Indies Wins||5|
|South Africa Wins||6|
ODI Series: Head-To-Head Record
These two teams share a rather lengthy ODI history, with notable dominance by the Proteas, who hold a 70%-win rate over the West Indies.
|Total Matches||62||West Indies Wins||15|
|South Africa Wins||44|
History of West Indies vs South Africa
While South Africa played Australia, England, and New Zealand right up until the 1060s, they didn’t get to face the West Indies until 1992, owing to an ICC banning during the countries period of apartheid policy. The West Indies won that Test, and several years later, the Sir Vivian Richards Trophy tournaments began – the series that to this day sees the West Indies and South Africa face off in a multitude of Test matches.
With the exception of that first Test match, South Africa has won every Test series against the West Indies. In contrast, in ODI matches, South Africa has dominated further with 44 wins to the West Indies 15 wins. That doesn’t mean South Africa hasn’t faced some stiff competition over the years – for example, in 2005, a young Chris Gayle took the Proteas to the cleaners with an utterly monstrous 317 from 438 balls!
West Indies vs South Africa Betting FAQs
Which are the best sites for West Indies vs South Africa betting?
When it comes to wagering on the Windies or South Africa, there are so many amazing choices available to Indian punters. However, we think 10CRIC, Betway, and bet365 are three of the very best betting sites in India to wager on this series.
When will West Indies vs South Africa take place?
The battle between the West Indies and South Africa will kick off on 10th June with the first Test in Saint Lucia. The series will conclude on the 3rd of July with the final of five T20 Internationals.
Where will it be held?
The series will take place in the West Indies, with the two Test matches being played at the Daren Sammy Cricket ground in Saint Lucia and the five T20Is all taking place at the National Cricket Stadium in Grenada.
Where can I watch West Indies vs South Africa?
FanCode has snapped up the exclusive rights to broadcast West Indian cricket in India. Meanwhile, certain bookies (like bet365) provide Indian punters with their own live streaming function on their sites. Be sure to check with your bookie closer to the date to see if this feature is available!
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
The best West Indies vs South Africa betting experience can only be had at the top bookies we have listed here and on the best cricket betting apps online. Whether you choose to watch the series on FanCode or make use of the cricket live streaming function on your favourite betting platform, this event is sure to be a punter's dream!
Don't forget to check out our West Indies vs South Africa prediction above for educated insights into how this series will unfold – and last, but certainly not least, remember to always bet responsibly!
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online betting content on the web.