South Africa are set to face the West Indies in Dubai on the 26th of October, in the Super 12 round of the T20 World Cup.
The T20 World Cup is one of the top cricket top cricket tournaments , and punters keen to get a slice of the action can take advantage of the odds offered by these bookies with the best betting payment methods.
Best Betting Sites for South Africa vs West Indies Betting
Top 5 Betting Sites for West Indies vs South Africa Betting
|West Indies vs South Africa Match Details||Date: 26-10-2021|
|Match Time: 15:30 IST|
|Toss Time: 15:00 IST|
|Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium|
South Africa come into this series in fine form, with most of their key players fit and firing on all cylinders.
There were doubts over captain Temba Bavuma’s fitness before the tournament, but as the warm ups get under way it seems he is fully recovered.
South Africa Squad
The West Indies had some big decisions to make when selecting the squad for this tournament.
Perhaps the boldest call was leaving out Carlos Brathwaite, who hit 4 sixes in a row to win the 2016 World Cup final against England
Notable additions include Ravi Rampaul and Roston Chase. Ravi Rampaul last played for the West Indies in a T20 all the way back in 2015, but he remains a capable bowler with international pedigree.
It will be Chase’s first outing at this level, but the all rounder looked impressive in the Caribbean Premier League.
Allen was withdrawn from the squad on the 20th October, following an injury. He is replaced by reserve Hosein, while Gudakesh Motie joins the reserves.
West Indies Squad
When conducting West Indies vs South Africa betting at the best cricket betting sites during this tournament, it pays to know about a few of the key players. Each side has a few stand-out players who are good chances of offering very high performances during the West Indies vs South Africa match.
The Proteas are ranked 5th in the world for T20’s but are arguably the most in form side in international cricket going into the tournament. They have some of the most exciting players in the game.
- Temba Bavuma – This talented batsman was raised in an intense cricket culture and is the first black African player to score a Test century for South Africa. Whilst primarily a test player, his T20 form has developed and is definitely a batsman that could run away from the Windies if he hits his stride!
- Tabraiz Shamsi- Shamsi is currently ranked no.1 T20 bowler in the world, and has been in top form this year, taking 28 wickets at 12.85 and at an economy of 5.53 in 2021
- de Kock- One of the best short format batsmen in the world, de Kock has been on fire this year, and shows no signs of slowing up
While the West Indies may no longer be the force they once were, they still have some standout players capable of setting a game alight in an instant.
- Chris Gayle – One of the all time greats of short format cricket, Gayle is a big hitter, and holds the record for the highest International T20 score, with a massive 175*. His form has been patchy of late, but you can never write this legend off.
- Nicholas Pooran – While Pooran failed to deliver his best cricket in the year’s IPL, he remains one of the top batsmen in the world, and if he gets in can do a lot of damage in no time.
- Keiron Pollard – Famous for scoring six sixes in a row, Keiron Pollard possesses devastating power, and can turn a match upside down the he’s at this best.
While both sides have had somewhat interrupted schedules this year, the cricket they have played can give us some insights into their form going into the World Cup.
South Africa have proven to be a force to reckon with this year, and are currently on a 7 game winning streak. Their strong form stretches back to the start of the year, as they have won 11 T20I’s in 2021, more than any other team.
The West Indies faced Pakistan in their first World Cup warm up match. Their top order looked out of sorts, with the run rate being painfully slow in the first half of their innings. Pakistan made light work of their total of 130, winning the match with 4.3 overs and 7 wickets to spare.
Their match most recent match against Afghanistan was even more concerning for Windies fans, as they suffered a heavy defeat to the underdogs.
Pitch Conditions & Analysis
The Dubai International Cricket Stadium is a fairly new ground, which has been in use since 2009.
Conditions are generally fairly neutral, with something on offer for bowlers and batsmen alike, although the dry nature of the pitch tends to help spin bowlers more than quicks. This could play into South Africa’s hands, as they boast the top rated spinner in the game in Tabraiz Shamsi.
South Africa vs West Indies Tips & Prediction
Betting tips and match prediction insights can make all the difference when having a punt on the cricket, and so we’ve provided some tips for how the match may play out.
- Tabraiz Shamsi for top wicket taker – We expect the South African spinner to put in a strong performance. Shamsi is ranked the best bowler in T20’s , and he should get some purchase off the dry Dubai wicket
- South Africa to win the match –While the teams are fairly closely matched, with both having mixed recent records, we feel South Africa remain the slightly stronger side overall, with strength in depth in all departments
- Nicholas Pooran to top score for the Windies- Pooran has looked in good nick with the bat, as well as behind the wicket, and we wouldn’t put it past the vice captain to score big against South Africa
|Market||Bet||Match Winner||South Africa|
|Top Bowler||Tabraim Shamsi|
|Top Batsman||Temba Bavuma|
Key Stats for West Indies vs South Africa
Cricket lovers are real badgers when it comes to their favourite game – and every cricket badger loves statistics. To help fuel your West Indies vs South Africa betting strategy, here are a few interesting statics about these two teams.
- 7- Games the Proteas have won on the trot- he highest active streak of any nation
- 455- Runs de Kock has scored so far this calendar year in T20I’s, at an average of 56.87
- 363 – Runs scored by Chris Gayle in T20 matches between the two countries, the most of any player
South Africa vs West Indies Historical Data
T20 Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||15||West Indies Wins||6|
|South Africa Wins||9|
History of West Indies vs South Africa
While South Africa played Australia, England, and New Zealand right up until the 1060s they didn’t get to face the West Indies until 1992, owing to an ICC banning during the countries period of apartheid policy. The West Indies won that test and several years later the Sir Vivian Richards Trophy tournaments began, the series that to this day sees the West Indies and South Africa face off in a multitude of test matches.
With the exception of that first test match, South Africa has won every test series against the West Indies, while in ODI matches, South Africa has dominated further with 44 wins to the West Indies 15 wins. That doesn’t mean South Africa hasn’t faced some stiff competition over the years – for example, in 2005, a young Chris Gayle took the Proteas to the cleaners with an utterly monstrous 317 from 438 balls!
West Indies vs South Africa Betting FAQs
Which are the best sites for West Indies vs South Africa betting?
With cricket betting becoming ever more popular, Indian punters have never had more great options to choose from. With that said, 10CRIC, Fun88 and Dafabet stand out for World Cup betting.
When will West Indies vs South Africa take place?
South Africa will take on the West Indies on Tuesday the 26th October, and it will start at 15:30 I.S.T.
Where Will it Take Place?
The match will be played at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
Where can I watch West Indies vs South Africa?
Viewers in India can watch via the Disney + Hotstar service or on the Star Sports network.
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
The best West Indies vs South Africa betting experience can only be had at top bookies and on the best cricket betting apps online. Whether watching on FanCode or cricket live streaming via your favourite betting platform, this match is sure to be a punter's dream!
Be sure to check out our West Indies vs South Africa prediction for educated insight into how this series will unfold and don’t forget to always bet responsibly!
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.