One of the last T20 series before the ICC T20 World Cup in October 2021, the Bangladesh vs New Zealand T20 series is poised to witness the best performances from both sides. The Black Caps will be touring Bangladesh for this five-match series scheduled to start in September.
Best Betting Sites for Bangladesh vs New Zealand Betting
|Bangladesh vs New Zealand 5th T20I Match Details||Date: 10th September 2021|
|Match Time: 15:30 IST|
|Stadium: Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka|
International matches are going in full swing, and both teams have delivered promising performances in their recent tournaments. The five-match T20 series between Bangladesh and New Zealand will begin on 1st September in Dhaka. The entire series will be played at the same stadium in Mirpur, Dhaka.
The Bangladesh vs New Zealand 1st T20 match will be played at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium situated in the Mirpur locality of Dhaka city.
Bangladesh vs New Zealand Betting Odds
Before we proceed to the past performances and analysis of both the teams, let’s take a look at what the betting market for this match looks like. Here, we present the betting odds from all the leading bookmakers in the match-winner market.
Bangladesh vs New Zealand Tips & Prediction
With both teams in stellar form ahead of the series, the Bangladesh vs New Zealand series is sure to give you many amazing betting opportunities.
We have listed these latest tips and predictions to give you a broad picture of what you can expect from the series, and the first match in particular.
- Shakib Al Hasan and Will Young are our prime picks for the top batsman in this match. While Shakib has years of experience under his belt, Young is a hard-hitting batsman who has displayed excellent batting skills in his recently started T20I career.
- Shakib is our outright choice for the player of the match.
- The best choice for the player scoring the most boundaries is Soumya Sarkar. He is the highest boundary scorer across both teams in their bilateral series encounters. He has scored 17 fours and five sixes in the seven T20I matches he has played so far against New Zealand.
- The Sher-e-Bangla cricket stadium is not a high-scoring pitch, and the match score should be within 140-160 runs.
- Mustafizur Rahman of Bangladesh is alone capable of rattling the opposition batting line-up. His average T20 economy is below 8, and he has also managed to take five wickets in a T20 match which is praiseworthy in the T20 format. For the top wicket-taker market, he is our top pick from the Bangladesh side. From New Zealand, Ajaz Patel is our pick for this market.
- Historically, Bangladesh has never defeated New Zealand in T20 matches. However, in July, Bangladesh just got off the field in a similar five-match T20 series against Australia and won the series 4-1. The pitch was the same as for this series, Sher-e-Bangla. Our bet is on Bangladesh as the match winner.
Schedule for Bangladesh vs New Zealand
|Match||Format||Date||Venue||Start Time||Winner||Bangladesh vs New Zealand (1st match)||T20||1st September||Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur (Dhaka)||15:30 IST||Bangladesh|
|Bangladesh vs New Zealand (2nd match)||T20||3rd September||15:30 IST||Bangladesh|
|Bangladesh vs New Zealand (3rd match)||T20||5th September||15:30 IST||New Zealand|
|Bangladesh vs New Zealand (4th match)||T20||8th September||15:30 IST||Bangladesh|
|Bangladesh vs New Zealand (5th match)||T20||10th September||15:30 IST||New Zealand|
Bangladesh is stepping into this series with a flurry of successful wins against heavyweights like Australia, Zimbabwe, and Sri Lanka. The team has been performing exceptionally well in the limited-overs format and looks set to take on New Zealand head-on.
Mahmudullah is captaining the Bangladesh squad, and there are no reports of any replacements or injuries yet.
Bangladesh squad for T20 series:
The New Zealand squad has already reached Bangladesh and is charged up after winning one of the top cricket tournaments– the ICC World Test trophy in June. The Black Caps have not lost any series this year and have lost just two matches in total.
Tom Latham will captain the team as Kane Williamson is occupied due to the rescheduled IPL 2021 season.
New Zealand squad for T20 series:
- Shakib Al Hasan: One of the most versatile cricketers internationally, Shakib is a hard-hitting all-rounder. He has an illustrious batting record and holds the first rank in ICC T20 all-rounder rankings. He is one of the strongest pillars of the team, and his experience will hold immense value against a strong opponent like New Zealand.
- Mahmudullah: Another all-rounder, captain Mahmudullah is a bowler turned all-rounder. He is the first Bangladesh batsman to score a century in an ICC World Cup. He was also one of the best batsmen in the ICC 2015 World Cup, scoring two tons in the tournament.
- Mustafizur Rahman: A budding left-arm fast-medium bowler, Mustafizur has given an average of 7.56 in the four T20 encounters against New Zealand. He is the only bowler on either side to have taken a fiver in their previous T20 encounters. His bowling length and pace is consistent, and a bowler like him is required to take fast wickets without leaking too many runs in short-format cricket.
- Will Young: A pandemic prodigy, Young played his debut match for the national cricket team in December 2020. Since then, he has played three T20s and has already managed to score a half-century. The right-handed batsman has a flair for hitting boundaries and is definitely a batsman to watch out for while placing bets.
- Tom Latham: One of the most experienced players in the present squad, Latham has the international cricket experience that is key in such high-octane matches. His performance in limited-overs cricket has been commendable, and he performs well on the wicket-keeping front too
- Hamish Bennett: The right-arm medium-fast bowler made his international debut against Bangladesh, in which he delivered the best bowling performance. His T20I international experience is limited, but his pace might prove worthwhile in this series. He has a bowling economy of 7.28, and his best-bowled innings record is 2/31.
Bangladesh and New Zealand are heading into the series with confident teams that have played quality cricket and bagged several worthy wins in the past few months.
Bangladesh has been performing far better than expected and has won the last three bilateral series this year. It played a five-match T20 series against Australia in August at the Sher-e-Bangla stadium, which it won 4-1. It also won the T20 and ODI series against Zimbabwe, and an ODI series against Sri Lanka before that.
New Zealand comes packed with high morale after its notable victory over India in the ICC World Test Championship held in June. Since then, it has not played much cricket and will be playing a high-value series after an almost two-month hiatus. However, it performed well before the ICC World championship too and has won all the series played in 2021.
Pitch Conditions & Analysis
On account of safety protocols requiring restricted movement, all matches will be held at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka. The pitch slope is elevated with a difference of 29 inches from the wicket to the boundary.
The pitch is not particularly curated for batsmen, and the average score hovers in the mid-100s. The pitch is slow and spinners can expect to have a good time bowling on it.
|Total matches played||49|
|Batting first won||25|
|Batting second won||24|
|Match Score||Number of Matches|
Key Stats for Bangladesh vs New Zealand
Stats play a crucial role in placing winning bets as it gives you insights into the events which occurred when the teams faced off in the past. Here are some key stats to keep in mind for the Bangladesh vs New Zealand match:
- The teams have played four bilateral T20I series in the last ten years, and there has never been a draw.
- The highest score in their T20 encounters to date is 210 runs. It was scored by New Zealand at the Hamilton ground in New Zealand in March 2021.
- The lowest score in their T20 bilateral encounters is 76 runs, scored by Bangladesh in March 2021 at Auckland.
Bangladesh vs New Zealand Historical Data
|Year||Winner||Margin||2020/21||New Zealand||3-0 (3)|
|2016/17||New Zealand||3-0 (3)|
|2013/14||New Zealand||1-0 (1)|
|2009/10||New Zealand||1-0 (1)|
T20 Series: Head-To-Head Record
|New Zealand Wins||10|
History of Bangladesh vs New Zealand
Bangladesh has faced New Zealand in ten T20I matches over several years, considering only bilateral series matches. It has faced defeat every time, be it at home or away.
Given the results of their past encounters over several years, this Bangladesh vs New Zealand might seem like a no-thrills match which is widely skewed in favour of New Zealand. It is prudent to think so too, but the recent performance of the Bangladesh team cannot be ignored either. They achieved consecutive wins against Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, and Australia, all in the limited-overs game.
Both sides cannot be under-written, and we can only wait to see who wins. However, as we said earlier, our bet is on Bangladesh as the match-winner.
Bangladesh vs New Zealand Betting FAQs
Which are the best sites for Bangladesh vs New Zealand betting?
The likes of 10CRIC, bet365 and Dafabet are all great choices for high-profile cricket matches like these. These 3 rank high in the best cricket betting sites around due to the vast range of markets they offer, the numerous payment methods and the fantastic in-play betting platforms.
When will Bangladesh vs New Zealand take place?
The 1st Bangladesh vs New Zealand match will take place on 1st September 2021 at 15:30 IST. The last match will be played on 10th September, 2021.
Where will it take place?
All the matches of the Bangladesh vs New Zealand T20 series will be played at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur, Dhaka.
Where can I watch the Bangladesh vs New Zealand match?
The match is going to be telecasted by T Sports, Gazi TV, and B TV in Bangladesh. However, conventional TV channels are a thing of the past. The majority of the best live and in-play betting sites offer live streaming of cricket matches. Live streaming is the easiest way to enjoy the match. You can watch the match on the same screen while placing bets from anywhere!
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
Gear up to witness some exciting cricket when these two titans face each other in Bangladesh. The fast-moving dynamics of the T20 format combined with the impeccable form of both the teams will surely throw up plenty of betting opportunities for you.
We recommend that you analyse the markets and always choose value above everything else while placing bets. Be safe, bet safe!
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.