In this article covering India vs South Africa betting, we will take a look at the recent form and key players in both teams, their past performances against each other, and of course, our expert betting tips and predictions. Read on to learn more!
Best Betting Sites for India vs South Africa Betting
Top 5 Betting Sites for India vs South Africa Betting
India vs South Africa Betting: Overview
The second edition of the ICC World Test Championship started on 4th August 2021 and will run up until 2023. The tournament’s matches are in full swing, and this India vs South Africa Test series is a part of the Championship matches.
The series will be hosted by South Africa, and the three-match Test series will be followed by three ODIs. Initially, the tournament also included four T20 matches, but that was later dropped from the schedule by the South African Cricket Board, possibly due to risk emerging from the ongoing pandemic.
The first 2021 India vs South Africa Test Match will be played at the Supersport Park, Centurion, starting on the 26th December 2021.
India vs South Africa Tips & Prediction
Both India and South Africa deliver top-notch performances in the Test cricket format, this particular encounter promises to be no different. The teams will be clashing in a Test series after a long hiatus of more than two years.
Moreover, their past performances do not hint at any clear winner, making it difficult to predict an outcome.
However, we have listed below some important India vs South Africa betting tips and predictions, based on their past records:
- The Centurion and Wanderers pitch is a paradise for pace bowlers while supporting batsmen equally. However, the spin attack cannot do much on this particular ground, so you can expect the teams to focus more on strengthening their squad with fast bowlers for the first match.
- Our bet for the top batsman in this series would be the Indian vice-captain, Rohit Sharma. He delivered a brilliant performance in the recent Test series against New Zealand, and we expect him to maintain that streak.
- Given the home advantage and his outstanding form, Kagiso Rabada can very well be the star bowler in this series. We expect Jasprit Bumrah and R Ashwin to be the bowlers dominating the Indian bowling side.
- With the Supersport Park (Centurion) having a record of benefitting the home side in Test matches (SA won 16 out of 21 Tests), we expect the first match to turn in South Africa’s favour. However, overall, we expect the series to head toward a draw.
|1st Match winner||South Africa|
|Series winner||Draw (or India)|
|Top batsman||Rohit Sharma|
|Top bowler||K Rabada|
Schedule for India vs South Africa
|India vs South Africa (1st Test)||Test||26th - 30th December 2021||Supersport Park, Centurion||13:30 IST|
|India vs South Africa (2nd Test)||Test||3rd – 7th January 2022||New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg||13:30 IST|
|India vs South Africa (3rd Test)||Test||11th – 15th January 2022||Newlands, Cape Town||14:00 IST|
|India vs South Africa (1st ODI)||ODI||19th January 2022||Boland Park, Caarl||14:00 IST|
|India vs South Africa (2nd ODI)||ODI||21st January 2022||Boland Park, Caarl||14:00 IST|
|India vs South Africa (3rd ODI)||ODI||23rd January 2022||Newlands, Cape Town||14:00 IST|
India is taking an 18-member squad for this series, with some changes made after the New Zealand series. Since the pitches in the host country are pace-friendly, Bumrah and Shami have been called back to strengthen the pace attack, alongside Umesh Yadav, Siraj, and Shardul Thakur.
Ajinkya Rahane has got another opportunity to prove himself as the selectors have kept him in the team, despite his dismal performance. Three players are out due to injuries: Axar Patel, Ravindra Jadeja, and Shubham Gill. Ishant Sharma has recovered from his injury, however, and is back in the squad.
India has also kept Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, and Saurabh Kumar as standby players.
India Squad for Test Series:
South Africa has a strong squad with three key players – Quinton de Kock, Anrich Nortje, and Rabada, back in action after being rested in the ODIs against the Netherlands. The team has also included two new names in the Test squad: Ryan Rickelton and Sisanda Magala. However, the most significant addition is the pace-bowler Duanne Oliver, who has not played red-ball cricket since the Test series against Sri Lanka in 2019.
South Africa Squad for Test Series:
- Rohit Sharma: The vice-captain ranks among the top five Test batsmen worldwide in the ICC batsmen rankings and has a proven track record in red-ball cricket. He has a steady batting average of 46.87 in Test cricket, and has scored eight centuries and fourteen half-centuries in just 43 matches that he has played so far.
- Jasprit Bumrah: We predict Bumrah will play a pivotal role in this series, as pace strength will be the key determinant for winning matches in South Africa. Apart from being classed as India’s numero uno pace attack, he has consistently ranked high among all the international bowlers as well.
- R Ashwin: A classic off-spinner, Ravichandran Ashwin is famous for his rather unique finger-flicking bowling style. Even though pace will be dominant in this series, strong spin capabilities always help in Test matches. Ashwin has proved his mettle in limited-overs cricket as well as Tests. He took nine wickets in his debut Test match, and has nine fivers to his name. He serves as an effective night-watchman and can also hold the wicket patiently for a long time. In fact, he scored a century in his first Test series too.
- Quinton de Kock: Quinton de Kock has shone brightly on the international cricket stage in the recent years because of his smooth wicket-keeping and excellent batting skills. He made his Test debut in 2014, and after a couple of on and offs, he has now finally made his place permanent in the squad. He is in good form and holds valuable experience of playing against strong teams like India.
- Duanne Olivier: The right-arm fast bowler is being brought back to the Test team after a break of over three years. His pace, along with control over the line and length of the ball, makes him a dreaded bowler on quick pitches. Olivier has an exceptional record, having taken 48 wickets in just ten matches, including three fivers and one four-wickets streak.
- Kagiso Rabada: One of the most talented bowlers in the cricket world, Rabada has been a constant member of the team since 2015. He has an average bowling speed of 140-150 km/hr range and is known to wreak havoc in the opposition’s batting line-up. He has a Test record of taking 213 wickets in 47 matches, including ten fivers and nine four-wicket streaks, and has an excellent economy of just 3.30.
Stats source: ESPN
India is in excellent form and have dominated most of the series they played this year. In Test matches, they have won four out of the five series they played this year, and reached the finals of the first edition of the ICC World Test Championship. They presently rank first in the ICC Test rankings and are well-poised to take on opponents at home and overseas.
South Africa have played three Test series this year and won two. The team is in good shape overall, and with the return of some key players, like Olivier, it only stands to get stronger. The team also has the added advantage of playing at home, something which matters significantly in the long format of cricket.
Key Stats for India vs South Africa
Here are some key stats that can help you bet better for this series:
- The Supersport Park stadium (Centurion) has hosted 21 matches. South Africa has won sixteen, visitors two, and the remaining three were drawn.
- The highest score in their encounter is 643 runs, scored by India in 2010.
- The lowest score in recent years is 133 runs, scored by India in 2019. However, the actual lowest score so far is 66 runs, also scored by India in 1996.
India vs South Africa Historical Data
Recent Winners (Test Series)
Test Series: Head-To-Head Record
|South Africa Wins||15|
ODI Series: Head-To-Head Record
|South Africa Wins||46|
History of India vs South Africa
The two teams have faced each other plenty of times, but, as their past records show, their encounters have never been easy wins for either of them. Both teams have won almost the same number of Test matches against each other, and we expect this series to be no different.
India vs South Africa Betting FAQs
Which are the best sites for India vs South Africa betting?
The best cricket betting sites for India vs South Africa betting are bet365, 10CRIC, and Sportsbet.io.
When will India vs South Africa take place?
The first match will start on 26th December 2021 in South Africa from 13:30 Hrs (IST).
Where will it take place?
The match will be held at the Supersport Park (popularly known as the Centurion ground) in Centurion, South Africa.
Where can I watch India vs South Africa?
The match will be broadcast live on Star Sports Network. Another option is to use any livestreaming function available on your bookie's desktop site or app, allowing you to place bets while enjoying the match.
How many points are awarded for a win in ICC Test Championship?
In ICC Test Championship matches, twelve points are awarded for a win, six in case of a tie, and four points if there is a draw.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.