West Indies will host England in a five-match T20I series starting January 23 (according to IST). There are 3 Test matches to be played as well, but that’s starting in March. This article will solely focus on the T20Is.
Check out our West Indies vs England 2022 match predictions, betting tips, and betting odds so you can place a wager with any of India’s best cricket betting sites.
Top 5 West Indies vs England Betting Sites
Best West Indies vs England Betting Sites
West Indies vs England: Overview
England is touring the West Indies for what will be a five-match T20I series. It will commence on January 23, and the final will be played on January 31, 2022.
* Matchdays according to IST
- It will be the first game between the two teams since England left the West Indies bruising and hurting at the 2021 ICC T20 World Cup, bowling them out for a paltry 55 runs.
- The last time these two teams played a bilateral series was in 2019 when England visited the Caribbeans for three T20s. The visitors were clinical that time, winning it 3-0.
- However, it was the West Indies who had prevailed in the final of the 2016 T20 World Cup, defeating England in a nail-biting clash.
All in all, we think the upcoming West Indies vs England series will be yet another cracker of a contest. The men from the Caribbean are usually a formidable T20 outfit; there’s a marked difference in their performance in the shortest format of the game compared to Tests and ODIs.
West Indies vs England Betting Odds
The bookmakers haven’t yet published the odds for the upcoming West Indies vs England T20I games. We shall update this space as soon as they are released by the betting sites.
West Indies vs England Prediction
England is heading to the upcoming series with a young, inexperienced squad, but some of these cricketers have played a lot of domestic T20 cricket. So while they might be untried at the international level, they certainly have the chops.
On the other hand, the West Indies’ poor form continues since their unceremonious ouster from the T20 World Cup last year. Recently, against Pakistan, they were whitewashed in the three-match T20 series 3-0. Yes, they have Pollard, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran, and the likes in their squad, but we don’t see the men from the Caribbean turning around their fortunes anytime soon.
Our prediction is England will win the series 2-1.
However, we’d like to insert our standard health warning here. Cricket is a sport of upsets, and anything can happen on matchday. So, even cricket punditry of the highest quality may not hold. Still, these match prediction sites are excellent at their trade, and you can always turn to them for expert cricket betting tips and predictions.
West Indies vs England: CBA Picks
- Batters to watch: Nicholas Pooran (WI), Brandon King (WI), Liam Livingstone (ENG), Jason Roy (ENG)
- Bowlers to watch: Odean Smith (WI), Akeal Hosein (WI), Moeen Ali (ENG), Adil Rashid (ENG)
West Indies vs England Schedule
|Jan 23, Sunday||West Indies vs England, 1st T20I||3:30 am|
|Jan 24, Monday||West Indies vs England, 2nd T20I||3:30 am|
|Jan 27, Thursday||West Indies vs England, 3rd T20I||3:30 am|
|Jan 30, Sunday||West Indies vs England, 4th T20I||3:30 am|
|Jan 31, Monday||West Indies vs England, 5th T20I||3:30 am|
All matches to be played at the Kensington Oval, Barbados
West Indies vs England: T20 Squads
West Indies Squad
- Kieron Pollard (captain, allrounder)
- Nicholas Pooran (VC, WK-batsman)
- Fabian Allen (bowling allrounder)
- Darren Bravo (top-order batter)
- Roston Chase (allrounder)
- Sheldon Cottrell (bowler)
- Dominic Drakes (bowler)
- Jason Holder (bowling allrounder)
- Shai Hope (WK-batsman)
- Akeal Hosein (bowler)
- Brandon King (top-order batter)
- Kyle Mayers (batting allrounder)
- Rovman Powell (middle-order batter)
- Romario Shepherd (bowler)
- Odean Smith (bowler)
- Hayden Walsh (bowler)
- Eoin Morgan (captain, middle-order batter)
- Moeen Ali (batting allrounder)
- Tom Banton (WK-batsman)
- Sam Billings (WK-batsman)
- Liam Dawson (bowling allrounder)
- George Garton (bowler)
- Chris Jordan (bowler)
- Liam Livingstone (batting allrounder)
- Saqib Mahmood (bowler)
- Tymal Mills (bowler)
- David Payne (bowler)
- Adil Rashid (bowler)
- Jason Roy (opening batter)
- Philip Salt (top-order batter)
- Reece Topley (bowler)
- James Vince (middle-order batter)
West Indies vs England Betting: Key Players
From West Indies
1. Kieron Pollard
Even at 34, the West Indies skipper is one of the most valuable T20 players around. He didn’t play against Pakistan, so yes, he hasn’t got the most match practise he would’ve liked leading up to the series. But Pollard’s still a fine cricketer capable of clearing any boundary with ease and chipping in with wickets at vital stages.
2. Brandon King
The 27-year-old has been a good find for West Indies. Against Pakistan, the top-order batsman scored 67 (43) and 43 (21) in the last two games, his average strike rate touching 172. While that was a fruitless attempt, King surely played like one and was probably the only saving grace.
For West Indies vs England betting, watch out for Brandon King in the highest run-getter market.
3. Nicholas Pooran
The 26-year-old ‘keeper-batsman has experience on his side, having played almost 50 T20I games. The Trinidadian is a seasoned campaigner in the shortest format and represents Punjab Kings in the IPL. In the recently concluded series vs Pakistan, Pooran scored 26 (26) and 64 (37) in the last two games.
1. Moeen Ali
He may not be the force he once was, but the 34-year-old Moeen Ali is still a wily cricketer, capable of scoring big knocks and taking important wickets. He recently called time on his Test cricket career to focus on the white-ball format, so we expect him to be fresh and ready to take on the West Indies. Moeen was in red hot form in the Abu Dhabi T10 league, one of the emerging top cricket tournaments, and he’ll hope to carry his momentum forward.
Watch out for the “beard that’s feared”.
2. Eoin Morgan
England’s white-ball skip may not be in his elements, but that could change quickly in the upcoming series. The 35-year-old Morgan is immensely experienced in T20Is (2428 runs in 105 innings at a strike rate of 138 with 14 fifties), had a decent outing in the T10 league, and England will hope for big things from him.
3. Liam Livingstone
The 28-year-old right-hand batter was in top form in the recently concluded T10 league, amassing 309 runs in 13 games at a strike rate of 210, with 2 fifties, 14 boundaries, and 30 sixes. He picked up 11 wickets as well. With his explosive batting and variations in spin bowling, Liam Livingstone should prove to be a vital cog in the English wheel.
For West Indies vs England betting, we’re backing Livingstone from his team to hit the most number of 6s.
West Indies vs England: Team Form
Assessing the form of a team is fundamental if you want to bet on a game. To understand how to bet on cricket, you should scour articles and match reports online to know if your preferred team is in good form heading into a series.
Let’s understand how these two teams have been performing of late:
- The team is heading into the upcoming contest after receiving a drubbing at the hands of Pakistan, losing the three-match T20 series 3-0. Yes, there were a few bright spots the West Indies would want to take heart from, like Brandon King stepping up and providing decent starts. But a 3-0 loss hardly ever leaves room for contentment.
- West Indies had performed miserably in last year’s T20 World Cup as well.
- As of writing this report, the West Indies are locked in 1-1 in three ODIs against Ireland. Shai Hope, Roston Chase, and Nicholas Pooran haven’t put up big totals on the board, and that cannot be good news for the team.
- England topped its group in the T20 World Cup, 2021, but eventually lost to New Zealand in the semis.
- Since then, the team hasn’t played any T20 game.
NOTE: In their last 5 T20Is, England have won on 4 occasions, and West Indies on just 1. So, on paper at least, the English definitely go into the T20Is a more confident outfit.
West Indies vs England Betting: Key Stats
True, statistics don’t always paint the actual picture, but they offer valuable insights. Before you go in for West Indies vs England betting, knowing the top batting and bowling performers can help you place an informed wager (and hopefully, turn a sweet profit).
For comprehensive team/player statistics, H2Hs, match summary, tournament stats, and more, we strongly recommend some of the best live cricket score sites and apps like ESPNcricinfo, Cricbuzz, and T20R – BigBashBoard. These sites are truly the serious sports bettor’s one-stop source for every crucial data point.
NOTE: The stats below are limited to the players who have been selected in their respective squads for West Indies vs England.
- England skipper Eoin Morgan has scored the most runs (228), followed by teammate Sam Billings (105).
- In terms of highest individual scores, Sam Billings leads the pack with 87 runs, followed by Eoin Morgan (71*) and Nicholas Pooran (58).
- In terms of batting strike rate, we have Sam Billings yet again atop the pecking order (166.67), followed by teammate and right-arm fast Chris Jordan (155.17) and West Indies’ middle-order batter Rovman Powell (147.37).
- With 15 scalps to his name, England’s Adil Rashid is the highest wicket-taker from the current crop of players selected for the upcoming tour. At number two is Chris Jordan (11 wickets), followed by Sheldon Cottrell (6).
- Now, to the best bowling figures in a match. Adil Rashid is at number one (for his fabulous spell of 4 wickets conceding only 2 runs), followed by Chris Jordan (4 wickets giving away only 6 runs).
- English cricketer Tymal Mills has been the most economical of the current crop (4.25), followed By Adil Rashid (5.64) and Akeal Hosein (6.00).
West Indies vs England: T20 Head-2-Head
For West Indies vs England betting, you should first know how the two teams have fared against each other in T20Is.
- Matches: 19
- West Indies Won: 11
- England Won: 8
- West Indies Won: 5
- England Won: 2
- West Indies Won: 6
- England Won: 6
Last 5 T20 Matches
- October 23, 2021: England won by 6 wickets (with 11.4 overs remaining)
- March 10, 2019: England won by 8 wickets (with 9.3 overs remaining)
- March 8, 2019: England won by 137 runs
- March 5, 2019: England won by 4 wickets (with 7 balls remaining)
- September 16, 2017: West Indies won by 21 runs
History Of West Indies vs England In T20s
The first-ever West Indies vs England T20I game was played on June 28, 2007, and the latest encounter happened last year at the 2021 ICC T20 World Cup. In these years, the two teams have clashed 18 times, with England winning on 8 occasions and West Indies on 11. So, overall, the two-time Twenty20 World Cup champs have a slight advantage in the shortest format of the game.
West Indies vs England Betting FAQs
When is the West Indies vs England series starting?
The five T20Is will be played on January 23, 24, 27, 30, and 31. All days in IST.
What are the best West Indies vs England betting sites?
At the beginning of this article, we have listed the top 5 bookmakers for West Indies vs England. If you were to ask us to narrow it down further, we’d go with bet365 and 10Cric. All of them are dependable, regulated and safe, and offer a rewarding wagering experience.
What is CBA’s prediction for the West Indies vs England T20I series?
It will be a closely contested series, have no doubt about it. That said, we’re backing England to win it 2-1. But our standard health warning here – like any other sport, cricket is dynamic, and anything can happen on matchday.
Where to watch West Indies vs England in India?
If you live in India (or the Indian sub-continent), you can catch live coverage of West Indies vs England on Sony TEN 1 and Sony TEN 1 HD. Premium-quality live streaming will be available on the SonyLIV OTT platform.
Will bookmakers offer live betting on West Indies vs England?
Absolutely. Some of India’s leading in-play betting sites like 1xBet and bet365 offer live betting markets for various international matches. For West Indies vs England betting also, chances are the bookies listed in this article will be offering multiple in-play markets.
What bonuses and free bets am I eligible for?
India’s leading cricket betting sites always feature some promotions and bonuses. For example, with Betway, you get a 100% welcome bonus up to ₹2,500 + ₹500 in free bets.
Check out some of the most high-value no deposit bonuses and free bets currently offered by bookmakers in India.
Can I bet on West Indies vs England on mobile?
Of course. Not only West Indies vs England betting, but you can wager on any match happening worldwide with the best cricket betting apps. These applications, designed for Android and iOS, offer seamless mobile betting so you can play on the move. Even if a site doesn’t have a dedicated betting app, you can still use its fully mobile-compatible website.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.