We’re nearing the end of the group stages and it is now time for the top placed teams of Group 1 to face off. The best cricket betting apps and sites will be offering exciting markets for England vs South Africa betting, as it’s set to be the biggest match of the tournament so far.
Best Betting Sites for England vs South Africa Betting
Top 5 Betting Sites for England vs South Africa Betting
England vs South Africa Betting: Overview
This match is huge for both teams as only 2 points separate these top 2 teams in Group 1. England will want to continue their dominance over the “Group of Death” and South Africa need a win to ensure they remain above Australia who has an easier upcoming match against Bangladesh. Both teams are in strong form and there is still plenty to play for. With much at stake, this is sure to be an exciting round of England vs South Africa betting.
England vs South Africa will commence at 19:30 IST, on the 6th of November at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, U.A.E
|England vs South Africa Super-12 Group 1 Match Details||Date: 6th of November|
|Match Time: 19:30 IST|
|Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium|
England vs South Africa Tips & Prediction
Both teams have hit their stride at the mid-way point of this major cricket tournament and historically, both teams have been evenly matched in Twenty20 matches. However, there is something to be said about the buzz surrounding England at the moment and how particularly dominant with the bat they have been. Scoring has come easily, and their net run rate is substantially higher than any other team in their group.
While South Africa certainly has the quality of goods to defeat England, we don’t think they will manage it during this tournament. The England batsmen are too consistent, and England will either belt a large defendable total or chase down anything South Africa posts.
The England vs South Africa odds haven’t been announced for key markets, but that won’t stop us from producing a few England vs South Africa tips. If you have a free bets bonus, you could very easily follow one of these tips.
- Top Bowler – Adil Rashid (ENG)
- Top Batsman – Jos Buttler (ENG)
- Most Boundaries – Jos Buttler (ENG)
- Top Batsman (SA) – Quinton de Kock
With to tournament well underway, punters thinking about their England vs South Africa betting strategies won’t have to worry too much about any dramatic team changes ahead of this match-up. Here are the big names we’ll see on the pitch.
Thankfully, England has had a tidy run in this series so far and there are no injuries to report and with the team in such great form, we can’t imagine we’ll see any changes to the team.
England Squad for ICC T20 World Cup:
Like England, there are no injuries to mention in the South African camp either. Quinton de Kock remains in the side after returning following his absence during the match against the West Indies earlier in the series.
South Africa Squad for ICC T20 World Cup:
A vital part of making England vs South Africa betting tips and predictions is the key players involved. These are the big stars who will likely be a dominant force during the match. Men who will score big runs, strengthen and innings, or perhaps keep other star batsmen at bay with the ball. Here are our selections for the most important players to consider for your England vs South Africa betting strategy.
- Chris Jordan – Jordan was the star – alongside Jos Buttler – against Australia, where he took 3 wickets. The big quick from Barbados has a good record against South Africa too, taking 15 wickets from 13 matches. He averages 23 with the ball in the U.A.E and has a history of performing well abroad.
- Jos Buttler – the England vice-captain is currently the series top run-scorer with 214 runs and a top score of 101*. Buttler is also currently averaging 214 in the tournament so far. His record against South Africa in T20I is rather dangerous too. Buttler averages 35.45 against the Proteas and strikes them at a formidable 152.94.
- Quinton de Kock – de Kock ran into some trouble earlier in the series due to his silence surrounding a political/social issue, but that hasn’t stopped him from performing during the ICC T20 World Cup. In 2021, de Kock averages 44.54 and boasts a strike rate of 131.72. With an average of 36 against England, is certainly comfortable with England bowlers in the shorter format.
- Anrich Nortje – the fast and exciting bowler from Uitenhage has only been a member of the South African team since 2019, which means he’s unfortunately had an almost entirely COVID-19 international career. That hasn’t haltered his performances though, taking 17 wickets from only 15 matches in T20I. Nortje starred in the team’s last outing by taking 3 commanding wickets against Bangladesh.
What can we say about England’s ICC T20 World Cup campaign? England has stamped their authority from the very first ball and has an utterly commanding lead in their group. They have a ridiculous net run rate of 3.183 compared to 2nd place South Africa’s net run rate of only 0.742. England has won every single one of their group stages matches so far and hasn’t faltered along the way.
South Africa went into the ICC T20 World Cup with plenty of good form – winning 9 of their last 10 matches. However, the proteas had a rocky start to their campaign, losing to Australia by 5 wickets. It was a tight finish and South Africa’s most prolific batsmen failed to fire. Since then, though, South Africa has been a force to be reckoned with 3 commanding wins including an easy 8 wicket triumph over the West Indies and a comfortable crushing of Bangladesh.
Key Stats for England vs South Africa
You won’t find a cricket punter alive that doesn’t have a million crucial stats in their back pocket. Key stats are vital to informed England vs South Africa betting and are influential on the smaller betting markets.
- British Dominance with the Bat – of the top 5 run-scorers in Twenty20 matches between these two teams, 4 of them are English. Including Jos Buttler who leads the tally with 390 runs from 16 matches at an average of 35.45. The closest currently playing South African is Quinton de Kock with only 289 runs.
- Hits them Big – when England plays South Africa, one man appears to love scoring big runs by hitting big sixes. Quinton de Kock has nailed 20 sixes and scored 2 half-centuries against England. For the record though, England skipper Eoin Morgan has tied with 20 sixes also.
- Undefeated – in the last 5 matches between these two teams, England has not been defeated. All those matches were played in South Africa too, where home-ground advantages didn’t appear to help in any way. England was dominant and even won their final match by an astonishing 9 wickets!
England vs South Africa Historical Data
T20 Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||20||England Wins||11|
|South Africa Wins||9|
History of England vs South Africa
England played South Africa for the very time in 1889 in a test match and thus a long-time cricket rivalry began. Since then, England has shown some dominance in the test arena, winning 64 tests and only losing 34 to South Africa.
These teams first met on the Twenty20 stage in 2007 which was a good 2 years after the first men’s T20 match and was actually during the Twenty20 World Cup. By 2007, both sides had played significant T20I matches, and the match saw nearly 300 runs scored between them. In One Day Internationals, these sides are evenly matched – England has 28 wins to South Africa’s 30.
England vs South Africa Betting FAQs
Which are the best sites for England vs South Africa betting?
When will England vs South Africa take place?
Time to plan that England vs South Africa betting strategy because this match is set to take place on the 6th of November at 19:30 IST.
Where will it take place?
For those of you that take pitch conditions into consideration for your England vs South Africa betting strategies, the match will be played at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.
Where can I watch England vs South Africa?
There is nothing more thrilling than watching the action live while you ponder your England vs South Africa betting decisions. Indian punters have a couple of options for watching the ICC T20 World Cup. Disney+ Hotstar is the official streaming partner of the series while Star India will provide the match to viewers via channels such as Star Sports.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.