Bangladesh are set to take on the Australians in a huge T20I series this August , as the two teams prepare for the T20 World Cup. The Bangladesh vs Australia series will take place in Bangladesh itself, providing plenty of punting opportunities in India.
Best Betting Sites for Bangladesh vs Australia Betting
|Bangladesh vs Australia Match Details||Date: 3rd August|
|Match Time: 17:30|
Due to the current climate caused by the pandemic, this series has gone through several changes, with Australia having made several requests in an attempt to safeguard players. Originally planned to be a three-match Twenty20 series, Australia is currently scheduled to play 5 matches upon the request of the Bangladesh Cricket Board, and hope to stick to an August schedule.
It has yet to be decided whether all 5 matches will be played at a single ground as Australia requested, or whether two grounds will be used to prevent pitch deterioration. The series is still currently scheduled to begin at some point in August, at the time of writing, and will begin with the first of five Twenty20 matches – the first bilateral T20I between these two nations.
Bangladesh vs Australia Tips & Predictions
Betting tips and match prediction insights can provide some extra weight to your Bangladesh vs Australia betting decisions. Check out our Bangladesh vs Australia series predictions below, and see if they match your punting strategy.
- Series Winner: Australia – Australia’s dominance against Bangladesh is evident, and the fact that the former were so much stronger against New Zealand while Bangladesh struggled is all the information we need to make this call.
- Most Sixes: Aaron Finch – The man's numbers are enough proof as to why we made this decision. Finch is in form and a massive hitter. We don’t think anyone is going to go over the ropes as many times in this series.
- Most Runs: Aaron Finch – Not only do we expect Finch to strike plenty of bombs, but we also think he isn’t going to lose his wicket early either.
- Most Wickets: Ashton Agar – Spinner wickets will support this slow left-arm orthodox and a strike rate of 17.00! We expect that rate to drop after the Bangladesh vs Australia series.
Schedule for Bangladesh vs Australia
|Match||Format||Date||Venue||Start Time||Bangladesh vs Australia (1st T20I)||T20I||August||Dhaka or Chattogram||TBC|
|Bangladesh vs Australia (2nd T20I)||T20I||August||Dhaka or Chattogram||TBC|
|Bangladesh vs Australia (3rd T20I)||T20I||August||Dhaka or Chattogram||TBC|
|Bangladesh vs Australia (4th T20I)||T20I||August||Dhaka or Chattogram||TBC|
|Bangladesh vs Australia (5th T20I)||T20I||August||Dhaka or Chattogram||TBC|
There isn’t much news on the player front just yet, but we've included what we know so far. We’ll update this section when Bangladesh finally announces a squad, and if Australia makes any unexpected changes.
Bangladesh is yet to announce a definitive squad for the upcoming Bangladesh vs Australia T20I series.
Australia confirmed their final squad, consisting of 18 players, on the 16th of June.
Cricket may be a team game, but every team has their stars. Key players make for interesting betting, and we think these are the standout players you’ll need to watch out for – especially if you are wagering through in-play betting sites and plan to watch and bet on events as they unfold!
- Tamim Iqbal – Arguably the most experienced player and most effective against Australia, Iqbal has also experienced beating Australia. His Twenty20 International record is fantastic, and Australian bowlers won’t take his wicket easily. With more than 200 boundaries to his name and a T20I century, we expect he’ll go down with plenty of runs too.
- Mustafizur Rahman – As the current opening bowler for Bangladesh in T20I, we expect him to appear in the Bangladesh vs Australia series. With 58 wickets in 48 matches, and an incredible strike rate of 15.90, Rahman could be the dark horse on whose back Bangladesh could seriously take it to the Australian openers.
- Aaron Finch – The stocky left-hander boasts a T20I top score of 172, and has hit a staggering 104 sixes in T20I too. Moreover, the Twenty20 captain has scored 184 runs from his last three T20 outings, with only a single loss of his wicket. It’s clear to see why Finch is a prime candidate for the highest run-scorer in the Bangladesh vs Australia series.
- Ashton Agar – If he gets a run – which, on a spinners wicket, is common in Bangladesh – Agar could be in for some serious wickets. Agar has taken 38 wickets from 32 T20I matches at a strike rate of 17. He will certainly be looking to add to those two career 5fers.
- Matthew Wade – If Australia ever needs to pull a rabbit out of their hat or get into some hot water in the middle order, Wade has proven to change the tide of a game. A highly adaptable player, Wade could be crucial in matches during which Bangladesh picks up some early wickets and have Australia under pressure.
We use form as a way to determine whether teams and players are riding a wave of current success, generating some steam, or falling flat on their faces. Both Australia and Bangladesh seem to be struggling to gather momentum, meaning that both will be trying to use the other to strengthen their form ahead of upcoming top cricket tournaments.
Bangladesh hasn’t had a particularly successful limited-overs run of late. On the positive side, in the longer limited-over format, Bangladesh hasn’t done too badly, posting 5 wins from 9 matches. However, they have lost all three of the Twenty20 matches in 2021. This was against New Zealand, a team Australia managed to nab two wins from five games this year.
Scorecards show that Bangladesh really struggled to take New Zealand wickets, a failure that is concerning, considering the strength of the Australian side that was able to play hard against the same New Zealand side. In their final outing against New Zealand, only three batsmen just about managed to score above double figures, and Bangladesh were bowled out in less than 10 overs.
At the time of writing this article (mid-2021) Australia is still waiting to play some limited-overs cricket. Thankfully, we can look to the previous year for an indicator of how Australia has fared in the shorter form of the game. In 2020, Australia managed to play 13 ODIs, but failed to win more than half – they did win 6 matches, though, and crushed India 2 -1 in an ODI series that saw them hit monstrous totals of 389/4 and 374/7.
Despite this, the powerful cricketing nation is in average Twenty20 form, having suffered a 3 -2 defeat at the hands of neighbouring New Zealand in a 5-match series in February/March. In fact, since February 2020, Australia has lost 8 Twenty20 matches from 14 games. While Australia’s form isn’t the greatest this year, they have ended their last 3 matches on a high note, and they are historically strong against Bangladesh.
Pitch Conditions & Analysis
Players always conduct a thorough review and analysis of the pitch conditions, so why shouldn’t you? Pitch knowledge can provide great insight into what bets to place, even through the best cricket betting apps offering Bangladesh vs Australia markets in India. With this in mind, let's check out the two potential cricket grounds that Bangladesh may choose to host Australia at during this series.
Mirpur Stadium, Dhaka
Also known as Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, this ground has hosted over 150 international matches, including the 2014 ICC World Twenty20. The hot and dry conditions deteriorate the wicket quickly, allowing the spin bowlers to capitalise. Swing bowling has also seen some success at Mirpur.
In Test matches, bowlers tend to get swing in the first innings – so there is no reason bowling first in the Twenty20’s would be a bad idea.
ZAC Stadium, Chittagong
Batsman have done well here in the past. In the February of 2021, West Indies managed a 395-run chase that became the 5th highest run chase in test cricket, while batsman Kyle Mayers smashed an unbeaten 210.
Some argue the pitch is ideal for spinners, but statistics would prove that the square isn’t too hard to bat on. The last time Pakistan played at Chittagong, they piled on 594 runs in only 2 days during a test match. The pitch here tends to be low and slow, meaning batsmen definitely have to get their eye in first.
Key Stats for Bangladesh vs Australia
Cricket pundits, players and punters are all about crunching those numbers. So, once you're set to top up your betting account using one of the best betting payment methods in India, consider these statistics for Bangladesh vs Australia betting.
- 0 – That’s the number of wins Bangladesh has against Australia in Twenty20 matches – a number that may influence the Bangladesh vs Australia betting strategies of many Indian punters!
- 1 – Bangladesh has defeated Australia in ODIs just once. Clearly, Australia is the dominant team in battles between these two nations. It's also the average number of times these two teams face each other per year. I think we can all agree we’d like to see them play far more often!
Bangladesh vs Australia at 10CRIC
Recent Winners - Test Series
|Year||Winner||Margin||2017||Drawn||1 - 1 (2)|
|2016||Australia||1 - 0 (1)|
|2013/14||Australia||1 - 0 (1)|
Test Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||6||Bangladesh Wins||1|
ODI Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||6||Total Matches||21|
T20 Series: Head-To-Head Record
|Total Matches||4||Bangladesh Wins||4|
History of Bangladesh vs Australia
Bangladesh hasn’t had the opportunity to play against Australia as many times as other teams. They have actually only met 31 times in 31 years. The first time was a One Day International match in 1990, in which Australia won by 7 wickets. Throughout those 31 years, Australia has dominated – but that doesn’t mean there weren’t some terrific and exciting upsets!
In a match that almost didn’t happen – Australia nearly stayed at home amid security concerns in Bangladesh – Bangladesh defeated Australia in a Test match for the first time. The setting couldn’t have been any more perfect, as it was the 50th test match for both Shabik Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal. Hasan became the fourth ever bowler to take a five-wicket haul against all nine Test nations (now 12 nations) and helped his side to a 20-run victory.
So strong has Australia’s dominance been over Bangladesh that it took 15 years for the latter to finally defeat the Aussies. In 2005, Bangladesh landed an upset victory on a seriously stacked Australian side that featured the likes of Michael Clarke, Glenn McGrath and Ricky Ponting. They won by 5 wickets with only four balls remaining, in a game that truly went down to the wire.
Bangladesh vs Australia Betting FAQs
Which are the best sites for Bangladesh vs Australia betting?
All the bookies we have listed above have available markets for Bangladesh vs Australia. However, if you ask us, we think 10CRIC, Betway, and MELbet are three of the very best betting sites for the Bangladesh vs Australia series.
When will Bangladesh vs Australia take place?
While the exact dates are yet to be finalised, the current scheduling for the Bangladesh vs Australia series is in August 2021.
Where will it take place?
The exact ground has yet to be confirmed. The Bangladesh vs Australia series will take place in Bangladesh, and Australia has requested that the series be played at a single ground only. We expect that the match will take place at either ZAC Stadium, Chittagong or Mirpur Stadium, Dhaka.
Where can I watch Bangladesh vs Australia?
You can watch all the action live on your mobile device from a bookie that offers live streaming, or you can watch the action over at the Star Sports Network in India.
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
With Australia in relatively weaker form, Bangladesh will be looking for another upset victory over a side that has dominated over them for more than 30 years. With five T20I matches expected to be played, there will be plenty of fantastic markets and live betting opportunities to enjoy during the Bangladesh vs Australia series.
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.