Top 6 Rummy Betting Sites 2021
Best Online Rummy Betting Sites 2021
What Is Online Rummy?
By far one of the most popular card games in India and a favourite online too, online rummy is very much the same rummy played all over India. Requiring between 2 – 6 players, rummy has two 52 card decks for a 2-player game – with more decks used for bigger games. Each player takes turns trying to form the best combination of sets and sequences before their opponents do.
How To Play Rummy Online
Back in 1968, the Honourable Supreme Court of India asserted that rummy is a game of skill, which led to the legalisation of the game to be played online for real money in most Indian states . No longer is the game of rummy relegated to the household or clubhouse, instead players can enjoy playing it anywhere with an internet connection – with a variety of online casinos in India to choose from!
Online rummy can be played in two forms; live dealer rummy or virtual table rummy.
Live Dealer Rummy
Online live dealer rummy is the ultimate way to play rummy online. It is played at popular INR betting sites and allows players from around the world to come together and wager on the game. Live dealer games feature a real-life human dealer that players can interact with through a live chat feature and an intuitive user interface.
There are quite a few online rummy betting sites that provide High-Definition live dealer games. Get your friends to join the same game or enjoy playing against players from anywhere in the world! As with live dealer roulette, these games provide an authentic, real-life casino experience, and you’ll really feel like you’re at a land-based major online rummy tournament.
If the live experience sounds a bit daunting or you prefer a more video-game-like experience, then video rummy is the perfect choice. Like other real money video table games like baccarat, poker, or blackjack, video rummy is a completely virtual representation of a game of rummy. The visuals look right up there with the best console video games, and the games use a Random Number Generator (RNG) to ensure dealing is completely fair.
Video Rummy games can vary a little more than live dealer games too. For example, 22Bet offers the unique Turkish Rummy as a video casino game. Video rummy is perfect for practice too as online rummy betting sites will allow punters to play these games for free – it's all virtual funds though, so you won’t be able to win real money this way.
What Are the Rules of Rummy?
Online rummy betting sites offer a version of rummy known as Indian rummy. This online rummy game is considered to be a combination of 500 rum and classic gin rummy. The aim of online rummy is to get all your cards into complete sets or runs known as melds. A set is made up of cards of the same value – such as 4, 4, 4 – while a run is a consecutive sequence of suited cards – like 4, 5, 6 of Spades.
In Indian Rummy, players are dealt 13 cards from two decks that include two jokers. The Jokers act as wild cards and can be used to substitute any value in a set or run. All face cards are valued at 10 points, while numbered cards are valued at their respective value – so a 4 is worth 4 points and a 3 would be worth 3 points.
To win the game of online rummy, you must create melds of 13 cards. It must include 2 runs and one of those runs must be a pure run – so a run without a joker. Most commonly, a winning hand will consist of four combinations but it is possible to win with just 3 melds.
Important Online Rummy Terms
You’ll hear the dealer refer to a lot of different terms when playing online rummy and they might sound a little bit unusual. Here are the key terms of online rummy that will help you feel like a pro at the tables.
- Deadwood – this refers to the remaining cards in your hand that you were unable to put into any sets or sequences.
- Discard – in a 13-card rummy game, laying off the 14th card is referred to as a discard. It also refers to discarding a card from your deck to the discard deck.
- Discard Pile – this refers to the open card pile in which players discard their cards.
- Draw Pile – this is the pile of cards that players can draw from at each turn.
- Run – this is a sequence of 3 or more suited cards. So something like 4, 5, 6 of Queens or 10, J, Q, K of Spades.
- Set – a set is 3 or 4 cards of the same value but in different suits. Such as 4, 4, 4 or K, K, K, K. Sets are also free to use jokers as there is no pure or impure set.
- Pure Run – a pure run is a sequence that does not contain a joker to complete the run.
- Impure Run – an impure run is a sequence that contains a joker in order to complete the run.
- Lay-Off – laying off is adding additional cards to a set or run. For example, if you have a run of 3, 4, 5 of Hearts and then you get a 6 of Hearts.
- Meld – a meld is a completed run or set.
- Meld & Show – this is when the player reveals all their completed melds by showing their matches sets and runs.
Playing Online Rummy
While there are some variations of rummy, online rummy will generally stick to a standard format. The dealer will shuffle and deal the cards to each player. The remaining cards will make up the draw pile and one card for the discard pile. The discard pile will always be visible while the draw pile is closed – meaning face down – so it’s anyone’s guess what card you might pick up!
The game will then follow a simple turn-based format:
- Following the initial deal, each player will take a turn. Pick a card from either the discard pile or from the closed draw pile. Your strategy and state of your hands will determine which you choose from.
- When you take a card, you must then discard one onto the discard pile. Players can only ever take a card from the top of the discard pile; thus some cards are eventually lost as the game continues.
- Continue this process until you form enough melds that all 13 cards are in a combination. If you manage to do this before the other players, you should have the best hand and can declare “rummy” to win the game.
- When you declare rummy, you will start the meld & show. All players will now reveal their hands.
The live dealers are experts in the game too. They will talk players through the action and provide a commentary of what is going on. Both virtual video and live dealer games have an easily-accessible rulebook, and in the case of live dealer games, you can always ask the dealer about the basic rules.
How to Win at Online Rummy
There is no guaranteed way to win a game of online rummy, but you can certainly increase your chances. Skilful players can read a game and some can even tell what cards their opponent has. So to keep you in the game – and hopefully help collect some profits too – here are some top tips on how to win at online rummy.
- Practise for free – Most online rummy betting sites will provide a free demo version of their video rummy offerings. It’s aimed to see if customers will like the game before wagering any real money, but you can use it to practise instead. Try different strategies and get a full understanding of the rules if you’re a beginner.
- Manage your bankroll – There is no faster way to be out of a chance of winning than with frivolous betting. Watch your bankroll closely; it’s better to play 10 games with smaller bets than to burn through all your bankroll in 2 games. Always remember to gamble responsibility too – never wager more than you’re willing to lose. To find out which sites offer the speediest withdrawal times, check out our list of the fastest withdrawal betting sites in India.
- Watch the game – One of the most important ways to increase your chances of winning is to really watch the state of the game. See what other players are picking up and discarding. This will provide insight into what your opponents are holding and indicate if there is a meld that you won’t be able to complete because the cards may be gone. A skilful player can prevent an opponent from completing their melds.
- Learn basic strategy – Rummy does have some basic strategies that players can follow; for example, ditching high cards early and building the pure run quickly to ensure you don’t have a high number of deadwood if a player declares rummy early. You can then learn more advanced strategies where you can coax your opponent into giving you the cards you need.
Rummy is a very versatile card game and there are many unique ways to play the Indian favourite. However, there are three rather distinct ways to play any rummy variation and they each offer their own brand of excitement.
Points Rummy is the standard form of most rummy games. In fact, online rummy is a form of points rummy. In Points Rummy, the game is concluded when a player declares rummy and discards their final card. Points are calculated based on the remaining deadwood and wagers are paid out according to the agreed rules.
A little different from the previous variation, in Deals Rummy, the game concludes after a set number of agreed rounds is reached. This is usually around two or three rounds and points are calculated after each one. The winner is the player with the lowest score.
Pools Rummy uses a set points limit to determine the winner. The limit is typically higher than 100 points and players are eliminated when they reach the points limit. The last player standing is then declared the winner. As you can imagine, when skilled players are involved, the rounds can be very close and the game may last for many rounds.
Online Rummy FAQs
What is Online Rummy?
Online rummy is a variation of gin rummy and rummy 500 that is played at online rummy betting sites in India. The aim of the game is to build the best hand before your opponents to become the winner.
What Are the Best Online Rummy Betting Sites?
How Can I Win at Rummy?
There is no guaranteed way to win at rummy, but there are certainly some actions you can take to increase your chances. Practise as much as possible, be sure to learn some basic strategy, and always be aware of the state of the game. Then you’ll stand a better chance of winning at online rummy in India.
CricketBettingAdvice Final Words
As one of the most popular card games in India, it is unsurprising to see so many great online rummy betting sites in India. At bookies accepting Indian punters, you can choose from the live dealer games or high-definition virtual video rummy titles. Whatever rummy game type you choose, our best online rummy betting sites list will be sure to have the perfect option for you!
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.