Top 20 Online Poker Sites 2021
Top 5 Online Poker Sites 2021
We’ve outlined the top 5 online poker sites below:
What is Online Poker?
Online poker allows Indians to play their favourite poker games for free and for real money. Betting sites and casinos accepting Indian players offer multiple poker variations, among many other exciting games and sportsbook options.
Poker is a classic casino card game where players wager that they have the best hand based on the specific rules of the version they are playing. Most poker games follow similar sets of rules and card values, and all are accompanied by a clear rule book for players to refer to.
Is Online Poker Legal in India?
The short answer is yes. However, the legality of real-money poker in India is a bit of a grey area, and varies from state to state as determined by the Indian constitution.
Most states identify poker as a game of skill, thereby the game is exempt from the Public Gambling Act 1867, a law which prohibits public gambling houses. Notable exceptions are observed in Telangana, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh, where all forms of real-money gaming, including poker and online rummy betting, are banned.
What to Look for in an Online Poker Site
The best online casino sites differ from each other in various ways, and with so many available, how exactly do you go about choosing just one or two? Above all else, your decision ultimately needs to suit your specific needs. However, there are some key features to look out for in an online poker site, which we've listed below.
- Fast withdrawals – Many online poker sites offer fast, and sometimes, even instant withdrawals. Fast withdrawal betting sites offering poker can be the quickest means to turn your wins into cash.
- Low deposits – You don’t need a big budget to enjoy real-money poker online. Many low deposit betting sites offer a range of poker games with a very low minimum deposit.
- Range of games – To get the most out of a poker site, you’ll want to have the biggest and most varied range of games.
- Payment Methods – The more the better! You obviously want to make sure your preferred payment method is accepted at an online poker site, but it helps to have as many available as possible, since you may choose to use a different method in the future.
Online Poker Tips
There are so many ways to play online poker, and different strategies may suit different kinds of players. Regardless, we have handpicked a few universally fundamental tips for playing online poker at betting and casino sites in India.
- Learn the rules and etiquette. Simply double check with your chosen casino or betting site about how to conduct yourself in the Live Dealer chat room.
- Don’t be afraid to fold. If you are unsure, simply fold and play the next round. You don’t want to waste more of your bankroll playing bad hands.
- Keep your eyes open – Watch what other players are doing – chiefly, the players that are winning. You can learn a lot as a newbie by watching quality players.
Geo-restrictions apply. You must have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours
How to Play Online Poker
The basic rules of every online poker game are fairly simple. You only need to learn the hand values, and that will come with time. To play online poker, all you need to do is navigate to the casino games section of your chosen poker site and search for a poker game.
We've compiled a few basics below:
- You, the player, will be dealt cards that make up your hand. The goal is to make the best hand depending on the game rules.
- Each game type will have a period of time in which you can wager, with some game types allowing you to take and discard cards to form a better hand.
- All poker games end in the showdown, when all remaining players reveal their hand and the dealer presents the winners.
There are many different types of poker, and you can easily access the rules of each kind from within the online poker variation you choose.
What Types of Online Poker Can You Play?
Thanks to the advancements of technology, there's a myriad of ways of playing real-money online poker. While you can still play in a virtual environment if you choose, you can now access the casino experience from your very own living room! Keep reading to find out more.
Live Dealer Poker
This is the ultimate form of online poker, only rivalled by heading to Las Vegas itself. Many online poker sites in India offer live dealer poker, provided by some of the most innovative game providers in the world.
Live dealer online poker is a way of playing poker against others from around the world with a real-life dealer. Online poker live games are streamed almost 24/7, and use state-of-the-art technology to provide seamless gameplay, social interactivity, and an immersive experience.
There is a live dealer game for almost every form of poker you can think of, with a plethora of themed games and operator exclusive tables to choose from. Live dealer online poker is now also available in multiple languages, including Hindi, and can even be played on the best betting apps in India.
These days, Indian players can experience incredibly realistic, entirely virtual online poker. Computer-generated graphics have come a long way in terms of sharpness and quality, and you’d certainly be forgiven for thinking one of these games was taking place on a real-life poker table.
Simply put, virtual poker is a 3D representation of your favourite real-money poker games, and allows Indians to play and bet on poker in a more casual setting.
Video poker is another computer-generated version of poker, but operates similarly to a slot machine. It is based on 5-card draw poker and is one of the fastest online variations of the game, also available to play for real money. Many online poker sites even let you play for free to help you get used to the rules.
How to Deposit at Online Poker Sites
Depositing funds at online poker sites is incredibly easy, but to give you a helping hand, we’ve provided a basic step-by-step guide to follow.
- Log in to your chosen online poker site and navigate across to the cashier section. Choose deposit to continue.
- Choose your payment method from the menu or drop-down window. Next, select your deposit amount.
- You’ll need to authorise the payment. The process will differ between payment types, but you will either need to input payment details or authorise the deposit at a separate payments portal.
- Once the funds appear in your account, you can start playing your favourite online poker game.
Online poker sites will clearly state the minimum and maximum deposit limitations, and you’ll need to read the conditions of any bonuses to make sure you meet the requirements.
How to Withdraw at Online Poker Sites
Nothing beats turning your hard-fought wins into rupees! Once you’ve grown your bankroll, it’ll be time to make an online poker site withdrawal. Most withdrawal processes are fairly similar, and our basic guide below will outline what exactly is involved.
- Log in to your online poker site account and head to the cashier section. This time, select withdrawals.
- Choose your withdrawal method and nominate how much you wish to withdraw from your account.
- Once again, you will either need to input your payment method details or authorise the payment from a separate payment portal.
- With the transaction now complete, all you need to do is wait. Some withdrawals are instant, but most can take a few days to actually appear in your account.
All online poker sites will require players to complete a simple Know Your Customer (KYC) procedure in order to make withdrawals. You only need to complete this once, and it’s generally very easy – you’ll just need to provide some identifying documents, and sometimes, proof of income. To speed things up, you should complete this before you even start making wagers.
Always check the minimum and maximum withdrawal limitations of your chosen poker site, and make sure you’ve completed any bonus requirements so you can make a full withdrawal.
Payment Methods at Online Poker Sites
Deposits and withdrawals at online poker sites can be made with many different payment types. The best betting payment methods for you will depend on your financial needs, level of anonymity required, and how quickly you wish to make payments.
When it comes to the world of online gaming and sports betting, e-wallets have revolutionised the industry. They offer a unique and advanced way of making online poker site payments without having to provide your personal bank account details – perfect for those who want to protect their personal accounts and wager anonymously.
The Paysafe group offer two of the biggest e-wallets on the market in Skrill and NETELLER. Both of these fantastic payment services offer instant deposits, fast withdrawals, and easy payment procedures at online poker sites.
PayPal, one of the oldest and most well-known e-wallet options around, is also widely used by many punters; however, keep in mind that it requires an Indian bank account to be linked to your account.
Another highly trusted e-wallet, ecoPayz is also one of the most secure. Its app makes online poker site deposits a breeze, and withdrawals are usually processed within 48 hours.
Cryptocurrency betting sites offer total financial anonymity when playing your favourite poker games online. As an advanced form of digital currency, they are free from central bank control, and transactions are irrefutably stored on a digital ledger that cannot be hacked.
Using cryptocurrencies at online poker sites means you will never have to give out your personal banking details, and transactions are processed instantly.
Visa and Mastercard
If you have a bank account, chances are you have a Visa or Mastercard bank card, which can be used at online poker sites to make deposits and withdrawals. Visa and Mastercard are the leading payment network providers and are accepted the world over. Apps like Google Pay or Apple pay can turn your physical card into a virtual card too for even easier transactions.
However, UK-licensed Visa and Mastercard sites no longer accept credit card payments, as the UK banned the use of credit cards for gambling purposes in April 2020. Having said that, prepaid cards are also offered by Visa and Mastercard, and allow Indian punters to make anonymous transactions at online poker casino and betting sites.
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is highly regulated by the Reserve Bank of India, with UPI payments allowing instant and easy transactions at online poker sites. Paytm is a popular UPI application that removes the need for a KYC procedure, meaning you can sign up and deposit in mere minutes!
PhonePe is possibly the most popular UPI-based application, and is perfectly optimised for the Indian market with single PIN access and 11 local Indian languages.
Looking for a hassle-free payment solution? Just use your personal banking account. Although it's not the ideal payment choice for those who are searching for more financial anonymity, it is the simplest way to play at online poker sites. Net Banking is offered by every Indian bank, and is growing in popularity every day.
All you need is a personal Indian bank account to make fee-free online poker site deposits and withdrawals at blistering speeds. If you want to keep it simple, then Net Banking is the right choice.
Online Poker FAQs
Which are the best online poker betting sites?
How do I play real-money poker?
You can play real-money poker by navigating to the casino section of your chosen betting or casino site, and then selecting one of the variations available. The rules for each poker game can be found on the online poker site in question and within the game itself.
Is poker legal in India?
Yes, depending on which state you reside in. In Telangana, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh, for example, all forms of real-money gaming, including poker and rummy, are banned.
What types of poker can I play online?
You can play live dealer games, virtual poker, and video poker games online.
Do betting sites offer online poker?
Yes! Many betting sites actually offer online poker through their own casino site.
How can I win at online poker?
There is no certain strategy for winning at online poker. However, it does help to know when to fold bad hands and play aggressively on better hands to increase your chances of winning.
Geo-restrictions apply. You must have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours
CricketBettingAdvice Final Words
Online poker sites are the best means of enjoying an authentic poker experience from the comfort of your own home. There are many online casinos and betting sites offering multiple types of poker, so you’ll have no problem finding your favourite – or even trying out something new!