Offered at some of the best cricket betting sites in India, virtual sports grow increasingly popular during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, with great visuals, no off-season, and excellent markets, virtual sports betting is a popular choice any day of the week!
Top 5 Virtual Sports Betting Sites
Top 5 Virtual Sports Betting Sites
What are Virtual Sports?
Virtual sports betting isn’t all that different from regular sports betting. You can watch the action on the best INR betting sites and place the very same kind of wagers that you would on any other sport. The only difference is that the events aren’t real!
Virtual sports are digital representations of popular sporting events like tennis, cricket, and football. The results are entirely random, and the experience is identical to that of any real-life sport.
Is Virtual Sports Betting Legal?
As many Indians may be aware by now, laws on online gaming have not really been set by federal law and it is, instead up to the local states to decide on the legality of specific gaming practices. Thankfully, most Indian states allow for betting on games of skill, luck and this extends to sports and virtual sports betting. Virtual sports are included but some states, such as Nagaland, request that a bookie obtains a licence for virtual sports betting.
Generally, online sports betting is legal in India, but it is always best to check with your local authorities to ensure gambling is legalised in your state.
Are Virtual Sports Rigged?
Obviously, considering that the sports are not played by real people and are computer-generated, it’s understandable for some to wonder whether virtual sports betting is safe. Virtual sports betting is 100% legitimate!
The results of virtual sports are decided in the same way casino games are decided. Virtual games use a random number generator to determine all aspects of the sport while the virtual action simply makes the experience enjoyable.
The random number generator is completely fair and tested by industry regulators – so a licenced betting site ensures that your virtual sports betting is entirely safe, legitimate, and free for any form of match-fixing.
Popular Virtual Sports
It began with just horse racing but now there are plenty of exciting sports to choose from. Virtual games cover multiple racing types like the trots and greyhounds, major sports like cricket, tennis, and American Football, to lesser followed sports such as cycling and speedway.
We’ve got a handy introduction to some of the more popular virtual sports in India to help you choose your favourite.
Emerging as a popular way to bet on cricket online, virtual cricket is an exciting way to continue cricket betting once the regular seasons have concluded. The benefit of wagering at virtual cricket betting sites is that these virtual events are on all year round, there is no off-season when it's virtual!
Some might argue that the F1 season is too short. For those that agree there is plenty of motorsport action at virtual sports betting sites in India. You can find literally 100s of virtual races a day and the cars look every bit as fast as Lewis Hamilton on a good day! Races are quick – typically 2- 3 laps – so you won’t lose your day watching the action.
One of the very first virtual sports you could ever bet on and still found in land-based casinos to this day. The visuals are truly outstanding and look almost like the real deal. You could absolutely be forgiven for thinking you were watching a real-life horse race. Markets are a little limited compared to other virtual sports but that makes sense considering the nature of the sport.
If you like FIFA, you’ll love virtual football. You get to bet on full football matches between your favourite popular teams and the matches are even part of full leagues. There are plenty of different markets to bet on and the audio commentary is amazingly authentic. Virtual football games have been built to give punters a genuine sense of atmosphere that actually feels like watching a top-tier premier league game.
What do you wager on once Wimbledon wraps up, but you really love your tennis? What about the Matthews Open – one of the premier endless virtual tennis tournaments found at top bookie, bet365? Virtual tennis looks great and some bookies offer matches as regularly as every 5 minutes! Virtual matches are perfect for wagering on tennis, all year round.
Favourite Virtual Sports Markets
One of the best things about modern sports betting is the diverse range of markets available to the Indian punter. While virtual matches don’t quite rival the range offered by real-life sports, there are certainly more markets than simply picking the winner.
- Cricket virtual sports betting features some pretty diverse markets. Not too dissimilar from real-life IPL betting online. More than just betting on the winner, some of the most popular markets for cricket virtual sports betting include the total number of boundaries and the total number of 6’s.
- Football virtual sports betting offers many different markets – just like real-life football betting. You wager on more than just the winner and correct score since the most popular wagers include half-time score and the winning margin.
- Horseracing is arguably the simplest of virtual matches to bet on. You’ll only get to pick the winner, the top 2 finishers and the top 3 or 4 finishers.
- Virtual tennis matches tend to be quite short with winning points totalling 12, so not only can you wager on the winner, but you can also bet on the correct score from to love all the way through to 40.
Why Bet on Virtual Sports
At the end of the day, there are a few big differences between virtual sports and the real thing. Virtual games still have a long way to go before replacing a real match but there are certainly some serious advantages to having a punt on them. Check out these big reasons why you should bet on virtual sports in India.
- No off-season – let’s face it, we hate when our favourite sports go into the off-season. Even sports like cricket that can be played in the summers of different time zones aren’t played all the time. This is where virtual matches really shine. The games are played 24/7 and most are basically endless – matches are played every few minutes and are played every single day.
- Rain or shine – no outside factors decide these matches! Virtual cricket matches never face rain cancellations and tennis matches don’t go off for bad light. Since these games are virtual, they are programmed without extrinsic match factors like weather, injuries, or technical difficulties.
- Fast results – virtual games tend to be very shortened matches. You won’t have to wait 5 days for a result like during some top cricket tournaments. Instead, matches are over in a matter of minutes. This means you’ll get your result – hopefully, a positive result – in minutes and the payout equally as fast.
- Beginner betting – thanks to lesser available markets and shorter games, virtual sports have a short learning curve that means you don’t need expert sporting knowledge to succeed. Beginners won’t need to learn team strategies, game intricacies, or even have a complete understanding of the sport. Virtual sports betting can be a handy introduction to a new sport and most free bets bonuses can be used on virtual games too.
How to Bet on Virtual Sports
The beauty of virtual sports betting is that it is no different from regular sports betting. It’s like any other event or market – literally no different from placing a bet on any of the best cricket leagues in India.
The mechanics are the same. You simply select your event, choose a market, and place a bet. Depending on your chosen virtual event, you’ll have a selection of different markets together.
Virtual Sports Mobile Apps
Virtual sports betting was once relegated to large, cumbersome machines that could only be found in casinos or betting shops. That is the case no more! Not just on your PC either, the best cricket betting apps in India let you watch and bet on virtual sports in the palm of your hand.
Many of the best bookies in India offer dedicated mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices. You can access virtual sports markets with ease from within any of these leading mobile apps.
Virtual Sport Betting FAQs
What are virtual sports?
Virtual sports are a new way to bet on computer-generated sports. Punters can bet on virtual sports with results that are fairly and honestly decided by a random number generator.
What are the best Virtual Sports betting sites?
You’ll find more than a few Indian bookies offering virtual sports events and markets but only a few can be considered among the very best. We recommend Parimatch, Unibet, and Betway for the best virtual sports betting in India.
What are some popular virtual sports in India?
The list of virtual matches being offered to the Indian punter continues to grow and talented software providers are developing ground-breaking games every day. Currently, the most popular virtual sports in India include tennis, cricket, football, and horse racing.
CricketBettingAdvice Final Say
The sports betting industry continues to innovate every day and that has led to the amazing virtual sports markets we see today. Virtual sports allow punters to wager on digital representations of sports in real-time.
If you’re a beginner looking for an introduction to a new sport or want to wager on your favourite sports during the off-season, virtual sports are perfect for you!
The Cricket Betting Advice team of writers are all defined by one goal: to provide you with the best online cricket betting content on the web.